amuck-landowner

WTB: Windows VPS 4GB 50+GB HD 100+Mbit North American

jp149

Hi, I am looking for a server that has 4 cores 4GB ram 50+GB HDD 100+Mbps with good throughput that is located in north america east coast preferably. I can bring my own windows server license the hdd does not have to be an SSD but should have decent I/O same as IP transit I probably wont be doing more than 50GB/month but will want a cap of 500GB. should be able to do >60Mbps. now here's the kicker I need it to be <$10/m USD. I've seen some one black friday but didn't sign up. 

recap:

4 cores.

4GB ram dedicated.

50+GB HDD doesn't have to be ssd but good I/O

100Mbps or 1Gbps no slower than >60Mbps actual throughput

500GB transfer cap.

<$10/month

will be used as personal dev server won't be abused.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbgben

I can match those requirements with openVZ (Linux box) or half them for $15

CPU 2 vCores

RAM 2 GB

25 GB Raid 10 HDD SSD cache

100mbit Connection

Windows included

15USD

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
4 cores.

4GB ram dedicated.

50+GB HDD doesn't have to be ssd but good I/O

100Mbps or 1Gbps no slower than >60Mbps actual throughput

500GB transfer cap.

<$10/month

The cheapest 4GB you'll find on the east coast with those specs and Windows license included is OVH's VPS Cloud 2 in Quebec for 15.99/$18.15 (if you buy it through the OVH.ie site...on the OVH.us site it is $22)

Cheapest 4GB Windows in the US that I know of is Webkeepers in San Jose for $19.24 (for Windows Server 2008 only and pricing is with a 6-month contract...Webkeepers is owned by Japan's largest hosting company GMO).

I can bring my own windows server license
The VPS providers who will let you bring your own license probably aren't ones you would want to use...

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah not on that budget.

I have a Windows 2012 server with Turnkey Internet from their Black Friday sale.  15 dollars for the Windows license + 10 dollars for the 4 GB RAM VM (of course this was their Black Friday sale and isn't available anymore).  Wouldn't hurt to ask and see what promotion they have available of course.

Not focusing on budget, you have some pretty sweet options like BuyVM, Winity, and a few others.

I don't know how Windows Server Trial version licensing works (like terms of service and all that), but you can always look into getting a KVM with that spec and installing the trial version of the Windows Server, which I believe is only good for like 90 days or something.  After that you have to reinstall it or something but... it's worth a shot if you really want to stretch the budget.  

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
We can set you u with the exact specs you need and price PM me for more info

and our servers run fully licensed windows not trial

but we are located in Nevada so not east coast.

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
I can match those requirements with openVZ (Linux box) or half them for $15

CPU 2 vCores

RAM 2 GB

25 GB Raid 10 HDD SSD cache

100mbit Connection

Windows included

15USD
you can run windows on openVZ?