amuck-landowner

What are people using for domain registrations now?

hxQ&S8ZaVn9e

I may be in need of a new domain name soon. I did have several with GoDaddy but transfered them to NameCheap a coupe years ago when others were. I forget what it was all about, but NameCheap had a good deal at the time. Is NameCheap still the best?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I use both NameCheap and Internet.BS for my all my domains. Internet.BS is slightly cheaper I do believe, but the interface isn't as nice. I'm not too picky when it comes to domain reigstars really.

Dylan

Yep, NameSilo. Only potential downside you need to be aware of is the limited TLD selection.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Surprised to see y'all say NameSilo. Haven't really heard about them before. What do you think makes them great?

rmlhhd

Verified Provider
NameCheap, if I use anyone else it's usually because they have an offer but even then the domain will end up in my NC account before its due for renewal if I want to keep it.

ItsChrisG

Verified Provider
All my stuff's at NameCheap, except a few still at NetworkSolutions - but I'm tired of dealing with them so I'll eventually move them out back to NameCheap.

souen

NameSilo as well for the common ones (com/net). @MannDude Whois privacy included and generally better prices for renewals than Namecheap. Main downside is limited selection of tlds.

Still have 1-2 domains on Namecheap though, new tlds or a past special.

robbyhicks

Verified Provider
We're still on Godaddy - just find coupons & open a partner account to get big discounts, still cheaper than namecheap if you do it this way.

RLT

Honestly both Namesilo and Namecheap have worked well for me. However I detest the "new" design of Namecheaps site. It may just be me but it takes forever to load now and I have a heck of a time finding the things I'm looking for. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I moved my domains away from internet.bs. I now use Namecheap for my important domains and Namesilo for my playground domains (currently two).

Dylan

Surprised to see y'all say NameSilo. Haven't really heard about them before. What do you think makes them great?
They're cheap (NameCheap's name is a bit of a misnomer now) with totally straightforward pricing (what you see is what you get, no paying extra for private WHOIS, etc.). Their website and CP is easy to use but also powerful. And they have a very refreshing "no upselling" policy -- add a domain to your cart and start checking out and you'll see that they don't even offer any add-ons.

I use quite a different places!

1. Namecheap

2. Google Domains

3. Internet.BS

4. Other Provider for Reselling

I don't like to use Godaddy because they want to charge so much extra for privacy protection and i've heard too many stories of people losing domains from them.

amuck-landowner