amuck-landowner

Cloud IDEs?

trewq

Verified Provider
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at starting to use a Cloud based IDE such as Cloud 9 or Code Anywhere.

Does anyone use one? How do you like it?

At the moment I'm using notepad++ and my workflow is very inefficient, which I hate.

Mostly PHP, JavaScript and HTML/CSS. Some Python and Bash.

I'll use this in my job so cost is not an issue. Preferably monthly subscriptions.

Brendan

redswitches

Verified Provider
+1 for CodeAnyWhere. Its a damn good IDE and since its a Cloud Based one i find it more easy to work it while travelling. 

Like their DevBox feature and the remote FTP/SSH is the first thing i used to see mainly in any local based IDE.

joepie91

In what sense is your workflow "inefficient"? I generally find that "cloud IDEs" add more hassle than they're worth, and there may be a much better solution to your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
In what sense is your workflow "inefficient"? I generally find that "cloud IDEs" add more hassle than they're worth, and there may be a much better solution to your problem.
I agree. I only use c9 if I want to screw around without breaking my current setup.

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at starting to use a Cloud based IDE such as Cloud 9 or Code Anywhere.

Does anyone use one? How do you like it?

At the moment I'm using notepad++ and my workflow is very inefficient, which I hate.

Mostly PHP, JavaScript and HTML/CSS. Some Python and Bash.

I'll use this in my job so cost is not an issue. Preferably monthly subscriptions.

Brendan
You could host your own?

Also use Sublime

Hxxx

As a Dev I can highly recommend Koding. Really good.

With the subscription you have a private VPS, where everything is hosted.

amuck-landowner