• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
KwiceroLTD

KwiBill

19 posts in this topic

Just some screenshots of upcoming billing automation software. Currently going to list on CodeCanyon, waiting for them to review currently.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/VjDSSJ5,FdGJqRu,GiBNsxN,OcrOT4U,QRqgGhs,r4fSAh1,GORoUvP,H1f854H,FeF0UVa,zPMP1p6,ZDAVDxS,U7R5nPZ,S8Y6R50,PqABiXp

Any ideas/feature requests? Template engine is being used, the current template you can open up with any WYSIWYG editor and modify without issues.

2 people like this

What level of liability are you accepting responsibility for should a database full of client contact information end up leaked due to exploit/compromise related directly to the software?

1 person likes this

What level of liability are you accepting responsibility for should a database full of client contact information end up leaked due to exploit/compromise related directly to the software?

What level of liability does WHMCS or ClientExec accept when that happens? Or any other software?

I'd imagine he'd probably just patch the issue, and release a statement, and ideally done as quickly as humanly possible to minimize damage.

1 person likes this

I offer no warranty on the software, once you buy it if you modify the core code, I accept no liabilities. I will if/once a bug is located, write a patch, test it to ensure it's working, release the patch, post a public announcement to notify every customer to download the patch to prevent compromising of their systems.

I don't suspect SQL injection will be an issue, am using PDO with prepared statements, making sure nothing goes direct into the SQL query. I've put in security for other things like XSS,CSRF,etc. So I don't suspect the core software will be responsible for any exploit/compromise.

I don't suspect SQL injection will be an issue, am using PDO with prepared statements, making sure nothing goes direct into the SQL query. I've put in security for other things like XSS,CSRF,etc. So I don't suspect the core software will be responsible for any exploit/compromise.

Security is always an issue. There is always someone smarter than you.

Have you had your code audited?

1 person likes this

Security is always an issue. There is always someone smarter than you.

Have you had your code audited?

Yes, I have had the code audited by two individuals, if you have someone in mind, I'm willing to have the code audited once more.

Yes, I have had the code audited by two individuals, if you have someone in mind, I'm willing to have the code audited once more.

Have you talked to the guys over at Rack911 yet?

No, however iirc Rack911 doesn't do web application auditing?

Vlad from Safe or Not might be able to help.

think about cost :D

53 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

@jarland just to let you know mate he hasn't removed you from the directors yet: https://companycheck.co.uk/company/09475165/KWICERO-LTD/directors-secretaries

^^ I'd get that taken care of quickly because the company's annual return is due in less than 2 months (April 3rd) and if the CEO has disappeared and doesn't file in time then the other directors are liable (UK can impose fines up to  £5,000 and Companies House sends directors nasty letters warning of prosecution for late filing/non-filing)

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, drmike said:

Dead project or?

Yep but who saw that it was good enough to get off the floor haha :D GVH of billing systems.

16 hours ago, DomainBop said:

^^ I'd get that taken care of quickly because the company's annual return is due in less than 2 months (April 3rd) and if the CEO has disappeared and doesn't file in time then the other directors are liable (UK can impose fines up to  £5,000 and Companies House sends directors nasty letters warning of prosecution for late filing/non-filing)

I wish I had an ounce of an idea how to actually go about it :(

20 minutes ago, jarland said:

I wish I had an ounce of an idea how to actually go about it :(

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terminate-an-appointment-of-a-director-tm01  <--sample forms and links to change/remove directors

It can be done online but the person who set up the company probably has the login details for the web filing account so you may need to contact Companies House if you're not in contact with him to get yourself removed as a director.

2 people like this