amuck-landowner

Hivelocity/Sparknode: Recommended?

Vega

I am a sparknode customer, which is a division of the parent company Hivelocity, and I am wondering if you guys here know about them and their service? Personally, I am a bit annoyed and nervous about moving my site to them and I am within my refund period.

I hear they are great(at least Hivelocity is) but I find sparknode to be a bit messy, slow and a bit conflicted at what they offer/support but don't support or on the prices of things.

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I think a breakdown of whats specifically wrong and annoying you would help us, help you..

In any case I've never had SparkNode but I've run with Hivelocity (local DC) and there one of the top shops around in terms of service and support. 

Vega

Why are you "annoyed and nervous"?

That might answer your original question.

I think a breakdown of whats specifically wrong and annoying you would help us, help you..

In any case I've never had SparkNode but I've run with Hivelocity (local DC) and there one of the top shops around in terms of service and support.
1. Day Zero-

I spent like a half hour in their sales chat waiting for someone to come in chat to answer my sales questions as chat was open and their times advertise as such.

A. They had the wrong times on the chat(have since corrected it)

B. The person who last was using it forgot to log out so it was just there open.

2. Day One-

I originally wanted to try and go unmanaged. Now that I know it is relatively simple for newbies to migrate cpanel to cpanel(Most hosts make it sound like some long involved process). But I realized I wanted litespeed and idk how to install that.

So I requested management.

On WHT and even Sparknode's order page, it advertises it as 29.99 a month. Which is fine. So when I go to ask how to add it and pay

"It requires a 3 month commit".

What? Where? Nowhere did your site or adverts say that. Asking for clarification and they weren't much help. Was it 29.99 each month for a promise of 3 month or did I need to pay 90 bucks upfront? I still don't know but the sales manager says they do this because people will order hosting and then cancel it and apparently it costs a lot of time and money to migrate a site. Doubtful unless it is a super huge site.

But the problem is....the department seems clueless what the company policies are.

3. Day Three-

I requested a litespeed trial to be installed. It was kind of...they did install it but I had to go into cpanel and do something to 'turn it on' which idk if I did correctly.

If I asked you to install it why not completely do so?

Then the representative, when asked how much litespeed licenses were...Originally it was $35 for a license(which is outrageous) and then it became $14 for a vps license?

Which is it?

4. Day Four-Today

Continuing the litespeed thing. I still have no clue what the answer is to THAT question. I opened a ticket up Saturday. 11 hours or so later I get a reply saying they were still looking into it.

That was YESTERDAY. I am nearly halfway through Monday aka 36 hours or so with no actual definitive answer.

Yes I can just buy the license from litespeed or wherever and be done with it, but you can't even answer simple questions and that does not instill confidence. More importantly it is annoying.

Sales was open Saturday and SUnday. How hard is it and why does no one in the company have no knowledge of the actual price. There's no price sheet? A notebook that showcases this?

It's just ridiculous.

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Seems like some of the questions should of been asked before any orders were placed. I know on the main HV site that 3 months is required for cpanel management if you want it so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't offer the same thing on there sparknode site.  :popcorn: might of just been miss communication with the sales and site. Were the issues resolved?

Vega

Seems like some of the questions should of been asked before any orders were placed. I know on the main HV site that 3 months is required for cpanel management if you want it so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't offer the same thing on there sparknode site.  :popcorn: might of just been miss communication with the sales and site. Were the issues resolved?
Nope I cancelled today. And a question can arise and should be able to be answered at any point and time during your time with a company.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner