amuck-landowner

Looking for pay as you go VPS reseller program

Status
Not open for further replies.

comXyz

Hello,

I'm looking for pay as you go VPS reseller program that allow me to:

- Add fund, then pay for the resource usage hourly/daily

- Can customize the VM, add or remove RAM, CPU core, extend HDD....

- Can control bandwidth usage of the VM

- The VM can run Windows/Linux and allow customer to use their own ISO

I don't need cPanel if you have full API to manage VM.

I don't need billing system also.

Please let me know if it's available.

Thank you very much.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I can't really think of anyone offering this and I'm not certain it'd be the best service to offer from a providers standpoint for various reasons unless on a 'cloud' setup... If you're wanting to sell virtual servers to your own customer base, it'd probably be best to either rent a dedicated server to create VMs on or just resell pre-set stock plans from a company that already has multiple locations which is what most VPS resellers do.

This is something I remind everyone of when they express an interest in reselling anything: The quality of the service your customers receive can only be as good as what you receive.

Meaning: If you choose a crappy provider with a history of poor service performance, downtime, etc it's not worth using them just so you can increase your margins between the actual price you pay for the VPS and the price you charge your customer.

Check with the hosting providers in question to ensure they allow reselling. Because most resellers can't be arsed to screen orders and will accept any order from anyone offering them money reseller's are commonly a gateway to fraud and abuse. Remember, it is your name and details on record at your VPS provider... not your customer's. As such, you are responsible for their actions. Screen your orders and save yourself headaches down the road. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
To be quite honest, it'd be much cheaper to get a static plan, otherwise you can expect to pay 3x the amount you would for a static plan.

MikeA

Verified Provider
I doubt you'll find a good VPS reseller th at isn't sky high pricing, plus if there's an issue with the host node or network, what will you tell your clients? If you have any experience with linux why not just get a dedicated server and setup something like SolusVM and OpenVZ/KVM? The price upfront would be higher than.. reselling VPS from another company, but it would be more reliable and you could control everything. Unless the high price is what you're trying to avoid?

comXyz

@MikeA Because right now I don't think I can set up a system that run more reliable than providers here. My users are my friends, people that I know in real life. They know I'm reselling VPS, they want me to manage the VPS, and take care of their programs/websites.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah this is resource pooling.  Fair idea and it exists in the marketplace, but not extremely popular or promoted.

Reminds me of what Incero did with their VPS offerings via Wable.  But that is OpenVZ based, so no Windoze.

comXyz

Thanks all for your advices.

I ended up getting few dedicated servers and coding the cpanel to manage them myself.

Hopefully I can keep them running well.

Servers4You

Verified Provider
I doubt you'll find a good VPS reseller th at isn't sky high pricing, plus if there's an issue with the host node or network, what will you tell your clients? If you have any experience with linux why not just get a dedicated server and setup something like SolusVM and OpenVZ/KVM? The price upfront would be higher than.. reselling VPS from another company, but it would be more reliable and you could control everything. Unless the high price is what you're trying to avoid?
This is probably the best way to go, get a dedicated server and use SolusVM/KVM to provision smaller servers.

We do a large VPS Reseller pool, however is in BETA mode and only available in one of our US locations or you can pay monthly for virtual servers yourself (individual servers), we have 8 locations for this method (pay-as-you-go) - if you are still interested, pm us and we can provide more details.

Sonwebhost

Buy a dedicated server for 40 dollars install SolusVM and then buy a good node to run the clients on. Hope this helps

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks all for your advices.

I ended up getting few dedicated servers and coding the cpanel to manage them myself.

Hopefully I can keep them running well.
Sounds like a great idea.

I'm closing this thread now to prevent people who refuse to take even a moment of their time to read such things before responding with offers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner