amuck-landowner

Quick shoutout and non-technical review of Empire Hosting.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've had a Xen VPS with Empire Hosting now since 01/31/2015. I've admittedly not used the VPS for much and originally ordered it for some little dev work and as a VPN since the server is geographically close to me (Not many providers offering services out of Indiana). I don't have any technical details to share with you, as I've not measured them nor have I kept track of the uptime of this VPS. In fact, I've not logged into it for over a month. (Though I still have the VPS for a few more days if anyone is interested in any outputs, let me know)

Anyhow, because the VPS has been idle I have decided to cancel it. I submitted a cancellation request for the end of the billing period and about 15 minutes later received an email notification from PayPal that my subscription to Empire Hosting had been cancelled.

Your subscription to Lowest Host/Empire Technology - Invoice #17539has been cancelled by Lowest Host /Empire Technology LLC.
And shortly after I received an email from Empire Hosting letting me know that they had cancelled the subscription for me, and the normal "We're sorry to see you cancel / go" message.

Anyhow, I was impressed with this. Most providers don't cancel subscriptions for their customers even though they're perfectly capable of doing this despite it being a common misconception that they are unable to.

As far as support goes... Well, I've only logged one ticket. It was submitted as low-priority at 11:30PM at night and I got a response 8 minutes later.

byTbu4P.png

I normally don't review providers but felt the gesture of cancelling my subscription for me was something worthy of mention and praise.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
I believe WHMCS 6 has built in PP subscription cancellation right? I'm looking forward to that. Never a fan of slogging through the PP interface, so kudos to them!

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Why can't you set rdns in a control panel? Sending a ticket for rdns seems cumbersome...

It seems to be a 50/50 mix for me when it comes to hosts allowing this. I don't mind ticketing in, especially when I get a response in less than ten minutes with my request complete.

Of course, if I had to wait 20 hours for a response that simply said: "It's done" or "Pls check now" I'd not be as happy. :)

lowesthost

Verified Provider
Thanks for the review ManDude old post but it slipped by

It seems to be a 50/50 mix for me when it comes to hosts allowing this. I don't mind ticketing
Why can't you set rdns in a control panel? Sending a ticket for rdns seems cumbersome...
It's not that we can not provide client controlled rDNS but our core business is manged and a lot of the managed clients do not know what rDNS is so we usually set it up for them during provisioning when they have a fully qualified TLD. So we have opted to just to control it via ticket. The unmanaged side of the house we catch quite a few SPAMMERS try to make rapid changes or decide to set up rDNS their SPAM domain  that's listed in ROSKO  "OOPS  caught ya".

Our procedure currently works for us we may add client controlled rDNS in the future if customers ask for it.

We do however delegate rDNS for IPV6 blocks to the clients dns servers when requested.

amuck-landowner