amuck-landowner

BlueVM sold / change of ownership? (UPDATE 5/14: Now owned by ChicagoVPS)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
UPDATE: Sold to ChicagoVPS ( ). Customers still not informed.

63ZT40L.png

Skimming LET as I still do, I came across this BlueVM thread and noticed an update stating their administration has changed.

Is Justin still in charge? After years of speculation are we going to finally see a CVPS operated BlueVM? @CVPS_Chris ? Haha. ;)

Hopefully things take a turn for better regardless who is at the helm now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
63ZT40L.png

Skimming LET as I still do, I came across this BlueVM thread and noticed an update stating their administration has changed.

Is Justin still in charge?
Unlikely.

Feathur has had no commits in over 8 months: https://github.com/BlueVM/Feathur

It's possible it went back to closed source but I doubt it. It all makes sense if you think about it. That fake review hit LET about how BlueVM is the 2nd coming of Christ, Justin claimed he was back to show the market how a company is really run and then....he was gone very soon after. I figure the LEB admins told them they weren't getting frontpage access until they addressed their outstanding complaints/etc and that it was simply too much work to do.

There hasn't been a frontpage BlueVM offer since October & Justin was last active in March but hasen't posted since February 20th. The February posts are still his since they're talking about development/PHP.

Bets are Jake is Biloh and that this is just the official buy out by CVPS after so much tinfoiling over it.

But hey, if it's true and Chris can invest what's needed and clean up the brand? more power to him, it's going to be a fustercluck to say the least. I'm all for happy customers, no matter the brand.

EDIT - Fixed some grammar, etc.

Francisco

sleddog

They've been near death for months. Even with new owners it'll be a long struggle to regain any user confidence. Maybe a rebranding is in order: GreenVM perhaps? Oh, wait now...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well this day, I've long waited for.  It wasn't supposed to be until like June of 2016 though with NDAs and other claims I can't prove / don't have paper to support it.   Johnston must have ran like the wind.   Not the first time his work ethic and focus on the brand petered out.

I find it funny the name on that support person in the screencap:

Jake

I swear I've dinged a Jake or two in that direction:

I had some nasty words then to say who Jake probably was - the suspect lineup:

1. Kevin/Adam LONG GONE FROM CC.

2. Chris of Chicagofollies

3. Alex the prince of Colocrossing

4. Jon Biloh himself

4.5 Linda the daycare operator Mom is just the legal name beard, doesn't post on these sites.

5. Another member of the gay boys collective of greater Buffalo, I mean an employee, ahh slave.

6. A wanna be VPS host that gets special discounts to pump up everything Colocrossing?
Time to go dig up my BlueVM posts, it's official, it's a holiday.  Poor new folks cleaning up that mess.  Hazard pay needs paid.

We know who owns it.  Long been said and all the denial in the world was just inevitable delay. OR predictable where unsustainable brands with bad financial models are going to fail to - fail to pay their upstream resulting in some heated give us customers and released of your debts.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Well this day, I've long waited for.  It wasn't supposed to be until like June of 2016 though with NDAs and other claims I can't prove / don't have paper to support it.   Johnston must have ran like the wind.   Not the first time his work ethic and focus on the brand petered out.

I find it funny the name on that support person in the screencap:

Jake

I swear I've dinged a Jake or two in that direction:

I had some nasty words then to say who Jake probably was - the suspect lineup:

Time to go dig up my BlueVM posts, it's official, it's a holiday.  Poor new folks cleaning up that mess.  Hazard pay needs paid.

We know who owns it.  Long been said and all the denial in the world was just inevitable delay. OR predictable where unsustainable brands with bad financial models are going to fail to - fail to pay their upstream resulting in some heated give us customers and released of your debts.
The "Jake" you are referring to was from CC's network.

He was browsing the site via a CC IP. Then again, one could argue that CC has many end-users and it could just be a coincidence that someone was using their IP space as a VPN or something. Possible.

As far as this BlueVM Jake... it's a very common generic name. That 'Jake' could really be an outsourced worker they just give an Americanized name to.

Munzy

Hello,

Thanks for asking. There will be an announcement coming soon.

---------------
Jake L
Support Tech

I'm not very happy right now....

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The "Jake" you are referring to was from CC's network.

As far as this BlueVM Jake... it's a very common generic name. That 'Jake' could really be an outsourced worker they just give an Americanized name to.
Oh believe me, Jake was always an alias over there.  Jake is the typical suspects in this instance.

Problem is over there, you have small providers doing tickets at the bigger shops.  Young folks with small hosting companies that can't pay their own bills busting out support and such at CVPS and CC.   I am not kicking folks names this go round. But yeah, going on now I'd say and probably know of.

Hello,

Thanks for asking. There will be an announcement coming soon.

---------------
Jake L
Support Tech

I'm not very happy right now....
Long time coming Mr. Mun :)  Sorry to say, I told folks so  a long time ago.   Revisionists aren't rewriting history on this one.

I wish the best to all involved in cleaning up and dealing with BlueVM mess.   Those systems have to be horrid... The Xen nested for maximizing profit... Billing which is boiled books.. Tickets as mountains.  That should be ample punishment for all involved.   No need for me to swing and ding folks this time.  Good enough saying I told you all so :)

I wonder how they are going to migrate away from Feathur?  Anyone wrote a Feathur-to-SolusVM migration tool?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I wonder how they are going to migrate away from Feathur?  Anyone wrote a Feathur-to-SolusVM migration tool?
Maybe they'll take Feathur closed source, fix whatever outstanding things it doesn't handle for them, and keep using it? Joepie claimed that the code, while very messy, is secure.

If Chris is involved, i'm sure he'd love to have his own inhouse panel for all of his brands.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Maybe they'll take Feathur closed source, fix whatever outstanding things it doesn't handle for them, and keep using it? Joepie claimed that the code, while very messy, is secure.

If Chris is involved, i'm sure he'd love to have his own inhouse panel for all of his brands.

Francisco
Panels aren't kids play.  That said Feathur derived itself from other prior work Johnston had done.  Other folks contributed to the code also.

I'd hate to see them go hard drop customers due to Feathur and say new VPS needs to be created and all that fun.  Customers will lose it over that sort of stuff.

Can't beat the licensing price for Feathur.  But no support and no active dev it seems, so risky.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Word is Feathur has a bunch of provisioning problems.  Auto terminations don't work and require manual termination... With lazy admin that means containers online for eons that shouldn't be.

Also a bug in Feathur where canceled or terminated VPS instances would become active again due to bugs in the code.

Robert

Francisco
He is out to make some cash.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
A pair of Low End Acquisitions have taught me a few things about how not to run a business in the past 24 hours:

1. even low end customers expect a working service and replies to their tickets (BlueVM)

2. engaging in VAT Tax fraud and getting caught filing completely false FraudRecord reports is apparently not the right way to build a public cloud business (this acquisition)

He is out to make some cash.
If that was true he never would have given up the lucrative Kohl's stock boy career to become a Low End CEO

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Anyone have the latest updates for the BlueVM as they seems inactive for sometime.
They've been bought out/taken over and the new owner is unknown (likely incredibly busy doing mop up work).

They said to expect something soon and given they've been open about it so far, I don't see why they'd lie.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Who the fuck let you back on here.....? @MannDude I demand answers as to why you let a known hacker back on this forum. He put countless companies in jeopardy with his bull shit.
He was banned for over a year. Unlike others he didn't attempt to bypass the ban with fake and phoney accounts. He DM'ed me on Twitter and requested an unbanning, and like the nice and forgiving person that I can be allowed a second chance.

His past isn't forgotten, nor has his history on vpsBoard been scrubbed.

I am able to give people second chances. Third chances don't happen though.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
2. engaging in VAT Tax fraud and getting caught filing completely false FraudRecord reports is apparently not the right way to build a public cloud business (this acquisition)
Deviating from the topic of the thread, but the FraudRecord false reports and VAT Tax stuff I'd like more info on.

I am able to give people second chances. Third chances don't happen though.
I have no current love for Clarke like the next sensible person who lived through his dramas.

As far as what Clarke did, I think that involved a known exploit involving one big well known provider.  He didn't write the exploit.  He just did the youthful thing of testing if it worked.  As I recall there was some collateral damage that ensued. Bad boy, perhaps someone should have lawyered up and forced him to pay for damages inflicted / time? That would have happened if charges were pressed.  A settlement would have happened to avoid legal action.

Wasn't it a SolusVM exploit?  Perhaps our public cannon should be turned in that direction?  When other products blow up and are shown to be of crappy workmanship and lacking common protections lawsuits happen.  

Unsure why SolusVM always gets a free ride considering it's multiple time failings.  I bet it's because providers - most of them out there can't survive without Solus, even though it's a damn biohazard software still.

amuck-landowner