amuck-landowner

What are some of the best VPS companies?

That IT guy

VPS hosting is somewhat new to me and there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of companies. What do you think are some of the best ones and why?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Everyone will have a different opinion based on their hosting needs and individual experience, so the best way to get an idea of which providers people prefer is probably to read the answers people gave on the last VPSBoard top providers poll  -->

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
CLancoms.com is another great host for VPS Servers

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
CLancoms.com is another great host for VPS Servers
Don't promote yourself.

To answer the question, and in no specific order but alphabetical: AnyNode, BuyVM, DigitalOcean, Hostigation, RamNode and SecureDragon have all been good to me.

Hxxx

Bigscoots, Wiredtree, KnownHost

-

BuyVM , RamNode, Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr, Secure Dragon

-

That's it.

NetDepot-KH

Verified Provider
I have good experience with RamNode as well as BuyVM both working great for me however I do not use any VPS for production just for personal hobby site. :D

jarland

The ocean is digital
I'm a BuyVM cheerleader. You just can't get their features, price, and DDOS protection in one place anywhere else.

NetDepot-KH

Verified Provider
I'm a BuyVM cheerleader. You just can't get their features, price, and DDOS protection in one place anywhere else.
Yeah pretty impress with their control panel and the service they provided with a affordable price tag.

al3xt

Verified Provider
Another one i would suggest, backupsy/winity.io, you simply cant go wrong with either one. top-notch quality and excellent customer service.

TheLinuxBug

Listed in no particular order (These are the hosts I have found to be reliable and stable):

newhost.ro - Romania

ServerAstra - Hungary

SecureDragon -USA

Ramnode - US/Europe

AnyNode - USA

Host1Plus - Brazil

Inception Hosting - Netherlands

Prometeus - Italy

GetKVM - Moldova
EDIS - SE/PL

VPS Networks - South Africa

Wiresix - US

IPXCore - US

MyRSK - NL/US

Rootnerds - Germany

MiniVPS - UK

Lunanode - Canada

Kihi - Canada

Cheers!

TheLinuxBug

Seriously @gordonrp, after someone else was already warned about advertising their own company here?  Just curious why you would do that, I though you were better than that?

Maybe you thought you were funny, but I didn't see anyone laughing when @VPS4LESS did it earlier in this thread.  

Cheers!

gordonrp

Verified Provider
"Advertising my company" to a bunch of vps providers? Bug up your ass? Get real. I work on wable all day, so of course it's my favorite vps host.

TheLinuxBug

Not sure why you think you are to be granted rights here that @VPS4LESS is not?  Did you not read through the thread and see that he was already moderated for doing the same thing?  So what makes you so special, other than your 'I will do whatever I want' attitude? 

Cheers!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Here:

I like BuyVM.  Stallion. DDoS protection.  Well behaved servers.  Good people in community.

I like Wable.  The panel and model of resource pool is nice + multiple locations. Gordon isn't too bad either (don't beat me).

I like Crissic.  Been solid for a long time for a remote desktop there with a good gulp of disk.  I use it for remote recorders.

There are others, but those are my staples.  Others are shorter term so far or a tad more iffy or not so good in some aspect at times.

amuck-landowner