amuck-landowner

Did the GVH site just get ripped by 'GreenValueNetworks'?

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
http://greenvaluenetworks.com/

I saw it somewhere this morning.  Domain is a day old and an obvious rip - look at the source before clicking shit or use a QA box.  There may be crap in there somewhere.

Maybe the old support guys are back with a vengeance ..or did I miss something since last night? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Uhm, damn near everyone up until a month ago, so don't give me that "who cares" crap.  Past threads show differently. You know as well as I do that people cared about it for a long-ass time.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
0 dc-71872821.greenvaluenetworks.com 107.190.143.146 5 min Blacklist Check      SMTP Test

ftp.greenvaluenetworks.com. 300    IN    A    107.190.143.146

TL;DR 1 hosted at HostDime

TL;DR another fine example of CloudFlare successfully hiding a site's IP address

The about us is humorous:

Mohamed Anwar is Chief executive officer of Green Value Networks, Inc., the parent corporation of GreenValueNetworks.com. His responsibilities embrace general oversight of company finances, native advertising affairs, and strategic visionary designing. though he doesn't participate within the regular operations of GreenValueNetworks.com, Lance is always lurking and might be contacted simply whenever there's a tangle that needs his attention. His confidence and assurance is contagious to the corporate and he is galvanized our employees to not solely pride oneself in their work, however additionally to stay their heads held high and appearance forward to every and each day of serving to customers establish their on-line presence. In his free time, he enjoys cricketing and disbursal time with friends and family.
...and the contact address:

Green Value Networks, Inc.
Main Street
Kankeyanodai, Arayampathi - 30150 Sri Lanka

edited to add:

an obvious rip - look at the source
Well you have to give them some credit for taking the time to setup their own google analytics account and changing Lance to Mohamed and Illinois to Sri Lanka on the ripped template

KMyers

Well you have to give them some credit for taking the time to setup their own google analytics account and changing Lance to Mohamed and Illinois to Sri Lanka on the ripped template
Based on that... you can pretty much assume that they are in a position to give GVH a run for their money. 

It is no shock that they are also using a nulled copy of WHMCS (reported)

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Domain was probably owned by the real (pffft) GVH owner, whoever the hell it was, at some point or another, expired, and someone in Mumbai picked it up either at auction or right after the registrar released it.  Would have to see the whois history.  Either way seems like somebody's out for blood, or unknowingly picked the worst brand possible to mimic.  

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
0 dc-71872821.greenvaluenetworks.com 107.190.143.146 5 min Blacklist Check      SMTP Test

ftp.greenvaluenetworks.com. 300    IN    A    107.190.143.146

TL;DR 1 hosted at HostDime

TL;DR another fine example of CloudFlare successfully hiding a site's IP address

The about us is humorous:

...and the contact address:

edited to add:

I never understood that either. Cracks me up when a skid uses a defacer to promote their BS little factions or whatever, and their little club website has cloudflare NS...

# dig $domain any 

... oh lookie, an MX record.  Another reason I never fully trusted them....

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title>About Us - GVN</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="SSD Shared Hosting, Shared Hosting, DDoS Protection, Master Reseller, Reseller Hosting, SSL Certificates, Domain Names"/>
<meta name="description" content="GreenValueHost: About Us"/>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
try{if (!window.CloudFlare) {var CloudFlare=[{verbose:0,p:1430312104,byc:0,owlid:"cf",bag2:1,mirage2:0,oracle:0,paths:{cloudflare:"/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok3v=1613a3a185/"},atok:"372d9fc344491f70df3bdeceb4b91f31",petok:"31d69d98f53632e742888c819e5631de8d474e09-1430336276-1800",zone:"greenvaluenetworks.com",rocket:"0",apps:{"ga_key":{"ua":"UA-62389674-1","ga_bs":"2"}}}];CloudFlare.push({"apps":{"ape":"8d35e17c181f7693733f3ed15cae67fc"}});!function(a,b){a=document.createElement("script"),b=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0],a.async=!0,a.src="//ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok3v=7e13c32551/cloudflare.min.js",b.parentNode.insertBefore(a,b)}()}}catch(e){};
//]]>
</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure.******************/includes/jscript/jquery.js"></script>

http://greenvaluenetworks.com/aboutus.html

Oops, someone forgot to wash their hands after they took a piss....

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Who cares?
I care because I hate content theft folks.

This is even bad in GVH land this level of bullshit theft.

Mohamed Anwar or whatever fool is behind that should watch.   I guarantee that site is coming down.  Better go hide behind CF while you can bozo.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Domain Name: GREENVALUENETWORKS.COM

Registry Domain ID: 1924042491_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com

Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com

Updated Date: 2015-04-28T13:28:31Z

Creation Date: 2015-04-28T13:28:29Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-04-28T13:28:29Z

Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com

Registrar IANA ID: 303

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited (http://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited)

Registry Registrant ID: 

Registrant Name: Domain Admin

Registrant Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org

Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator  

Registrant City: Nobby Beach

Registrant State/Province: Queensland

Registrant Postal Code: QLD 4218

Registrant Country: AU

Registrant Phone: +45.36946676

Registrant Phone Ext: 

Registrant Fax: 

Registrant Fax Ext: 

Registrant Email: [email protected]

Registry Admin ID: 

Admin Name: Domain Admin

Admin Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org

Admin Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator  

Admin City: Nobby Beach

Admin State/Province: Queensland

Admin Postal Code: QLD 4218

Admin Country: AU

Admin Phone: +45.36946676

Admin Phone Ext: 

Admin Fax: 

Admin Fax Ext: 

Admin Email: [email protected]

Registry Tech ID: 

Tech Name: Domain Admin

Tech Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org

Tech Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator  

Tech City: Nobby Beach

Tech State/Province: Queensland

Tech Postal Code: QLD 4218

Tech Country: AU

Tech Phone: +45.36946676

Tech Phone Ext: 

Tech Fax: 

Tech Fax Ext: 

Tech Email: [email protected]

Name Server: anna.ns.cloudflare.com

Name Server: matt.ns.cloudflare.com

DNSSEC:Unsigned

-------------------

So someone registered this yesterday... someone hiding behind CF....  Doubt it's the token Indian in photo - well I'd hope not.. But considering the track record of some Indians we've seen in these parts, nothing surprises me.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Hm, that was a post made in 2012. This makes no sense at all
A little off-topic, but an interesting theory as it relates to the old WHT post.... someone once told me years ago that in this industry, when a provider is doing perfectly fine selling their initial product line at a reasonable price, that launching even more of a "budget" service/sister service is really an indication that the provider is likely in financial trouble and trying to recoup their losses with the introduction of a "budget" line that anyone can afford.  I've never really come up with an answer to that question, even thinking about if from both sides, but I'm leaning more towards the "not entirely true" opinion on this.

My credit goes to those providers comforably offering affordable/smaller VPS packages from day one, are still going strong, yet can keep out the skids and resource-hoggers that can often accompany such a service (@KuJoe comes to mind).  Starting small and getting big over time -- that makes sense.  Starting big and suddenly going small... well, just doesn't seem quite as "aligned" to me, and it's always prevented me from using some of my owned hardware to launch a line of "if you don't know me very well, test the waters if you'd like, with a $10/yr 512MB or $20/yr 1GB package first" sort of thing.  I'm also old school, in that I don't believe in getting greedy by launching a product line that I'm not as familiar with when I'm busy enough now.  If for some reason I was unable to manage it along with my existing line, becoming part of the problem, to me, is akin to taking food from his kid's plate, and I just don't roll that way.

Anyone else have an opinion about this?  Agree?  No?

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I care because I hate content theft folks.

This is even bad in GVH land this level of bullshit theft.

Mohamed Anwar or whatever fool is behind that should watch.   I guarantee that site is coming down.  Better go hide behind CF while you can bozo.
I think he's under the impression that he's well protected, but a few simple queries show otherwise.  If he's not smart enough to steal, he sure as shit can't wall himself out completely.  If he does, I'm sure somebody will be able to sniff him out. ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So I haven't figured out which usual suspect is behind this stunt yet.

But, someone is picking up domains that are expired.  That's clear from the greenvaluenetworks domain they snagged yesterday.

Big deal? right?   So who is doing what? oh here's a start :)

https://greenvaluenetworks.com/

you get this:

For abuse issues related to the web0host.com domain, please email your complaint with any relevant logs to [email protected]

Web0host, use to be a host.  But it went sketch recently.

Domain Name: WEB0HOST.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1891217105_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-02-25T15:44:16Z
Creation Date: 2014-12-19T09:19:28Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-12-19T09:19:28Z

Someone picked it up 12-19-2014.

Then they ran over here and probably other places pretending to be said company - well in name:

http://master-land.net/Thread-30-LIFETIME-OFF-Reseller-Hosting-With-Free-WHMCS-Domain-Reseller-at-5-60

Web0host though isn't online.  When you go to their site you get:

https://web0host.com/

For abuse issues related to the web0host.com domain, please email your complaint with any relevant logs to [email protected]

Same message.  Same box I'll bet.  Same jabroni.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Honestly I'm not surprised at all.

GVH, as much as we hate it, has a pretty good "presence" marketing wise.  However their delivery was absolute crap.  I am not surprised someone tried to ride on the coat tails of their recent buyout and try and cash in on their online presence.

This guy's a cheapshot.  

amuck-landowner