amuck-landowner

View New Forum Content Broken?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It happened again.  Thread on vpsB posted 9+ hours ago, yet not appearing in "View New Forum Content" link I use on top of the site.

This is second time lately that someone has sent me a link to a thread on vpsB then I find it has been up for hours yet not in new content silos.

I even triple checked this time... No mention of the thread in such areas.. After I manually URL visited the thread and replied, now seeing that thread in there as people make replies.

Are other folks experiencing similar oddness with New Forum Content area / features?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Strange, I'm unable to replicate this. It works properly for me.

Can anyone else replicate this?

Does your sidebar look like this:

1cgzuJu.png

Dylan

Maybe check your settings?

I know for a little bit i accidentally had "items I participated in" selected.  
That got selected for me somehow too a while ago and it confused the bejesus out of me for at least a week. I'm absolutely certain I never set it myself.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I know for a little bit i accidentally had "items I participated in" selected.  
This is exactly the problem.... I never selected that shitola...

It has checked:

Just Items I follow  

Items I started

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  Unchecking that shit now.   This is a problem and others are probably getting retarded view of forum and seeing lack of activity as a result....  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah I don't know.  It's happened to me only once but it was a really weird thing.  

I want to chalk it up to IPB being weird during updates (since each update breaks something, such as search or commenting or this or that), but I don't know the full detail behind it.

Anyways thanks for letting us know.  I'm glad it was more than just me that got hit by that (I thought a monkey might have gotten on my account for a little bit there and fiddled with the switches).  

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not sure what happened to be honest. IPB has been letting me down a bit. I'll blame the recent IPB upgrade I did a couple weeks ago on dickering that up.

amuck-landowner