amuck-landowner

cPanel SSL question

RavenSauce

I have installed a rapidssl certificate in whm for my website however if I go to login to cpanel from my website URL I still get the SSL error.

Example: https://domain.comworks with no error now but if I go to https://domain.com/cpanel or whm I get the SSL error. How can I fix this? I have whm access on my vps too and it does it for that url also.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Did you install it for the cPanel service? Is it a wildcard or just a standard SSL?

You must go to Manage Service SSL's and install the SSL there first, with all of the correct information and all of the services selected.

When installing it on your site, it's pretty much the same thing.

Send me a message and I can do it for you if you need. 

RavenSauce

In Mange Service SSLs it shows vps.domain.com isntead of domain.com . Do I need the SSL to be for vps.domain.com instead to secure the cpanel login?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No, just for the main hostname you're using. If your hostname is "vps.domain.com" then you'll need to issue it for that or change your hostname to "domain.com" and update cpanel with that hostname.

cloudcone

Verified Provider
Just an update for you. You will require a dedicated IP for each SSL you install on your server

mhosts

Verified Provider
Also be sure to install the relevant intermediate CA's. Depending on the browser, it may not have a full chain going back to the root issuer of the authority and that's what's causing the error. There's a few browser plugins that can check this for you (depending on which browser you have) as well as some online resources. Even if you get all green in your browser, it may not work on all of them without the CA's.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
That works for most, but not all. Unfortunately there is still a decent chunk of the world stuck on old systems and browsers that throw a hissy fit. =/

Still not a requirement.

Not to mention that most OS can install a newer browser that can handle it. For instance, Win XP can install Chrome or Firefox.

If we are talking about devices like older xbox and such.... Their main focus is not browsing the Internet. :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
True, and personally I'd prefer that an IP wasn't assigned to each domain that needs an SSL. Seems like a waste of precious IPv4 space. But still a lot of Chinese rocking XP and old versions of IE.

Could they upgrade? Sure. But they haven't in the last decade, probably won't any time soon. :)

amuck-landowner