amuck-landowner

Looking for some providers in unique locations to sponsor a small VPS

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Hello, I used to use Just-Ping a lot in the past but it looks like they didn't renew their domain and the CA website is unreliable at best so I've put together an alternative but I'm planning to add more locations so I'm hoping other providers out there are willing to assist. I don't need access to the VPS, I can send you the code to set it up (works on Debian 7) and you just send me the IP address and I can add it.

Resource requirements are minimal (64MB of RAM, 1GB of disk space, and any CPU/bandwidth/port speed will do), the only requirement is it must have IPv6 (NAT IPv4 is fine also).

So anybody interested?

You can see the site and the locations I already have here: http://chk2.net (I just threw it together last night, I took the design from http://web.chk2.net which I never made live).

I'll be happy to add linkbacks for any providers who want to pitch in. :)

Also as you can see some locations have multiple VPSs, these are mostly different networks but there are some duplicate networks there. I'm trying to get as many VPSs regardless of location and after a month or two I'll remove any unstable servers.

(Last edit before I go to bed.)

I need to tweak the webserver it's running on and probably increase the resources a bit so excuse any timeout or slowness at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

lowesthost

Verified Provider
Have one in South bend IN and Las Vegas looks like your good for Las Vegas.

will it run on centos ?? was thinking  on throwing it on a server that has stuff on it all ready ??

you have to use the https  version of  the CA website I have not noticed it failing  but I don't use it that often  just refer clients to it when they say their web server is down

willie

Try lowendspirit.com if you don't mind "super cheap" instead of "sponsored".  They have a number of cool international locations.  There is also already at least one ping service running from there though, I think.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Try lowendspirit.com if you don't mind "super cheap" instead of "sponsored". They have a number of cool international locations. There is also already at least one ping service running from there though, I think.
Already got those. Basically I grabbed up all of the sub-$10/year VPSs I could find along with some of my personal VPSs and some impulse buys I didn't know what to do with.

I have some more VPSs I ordered last week I'm waiting to be provisioned also.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
For those of you who offered to pitch in a VPS, I'm finishing up the script tonight to make it easier for you. Right now it only works for Debian 7 (untested on 6 or 8) but I might make something for CentOS or Ubuntu.

Servers4You

Verified Provider
Where could I look at the test, we could have a look into it and maybe sponsor, give us a pm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikki

Make sure you enable WebSockets with LowEndPing if you can, it'll help quite a bit :)

If it is, make sure it's accessible since it can't connect to it.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Make sure you enable WebSockets with LowEndPing if you can, it'll help quite a bit :)

If it is, make sure it's accessible since it can't connect to it.
I forgot to add the command to the start-up script so it'll start on its own after a reboot now.

amuck-landowner