amuck-landowner

VPSBOARD getting attacked now?

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
It seems like this place is getting DDOS'ed now, it was put in Vegas for some degree of protection at the expense of poor response times for the EU users and the protection is obviously not working to well, or am I way off target here?

shovenose

Verified Provider
I think you're fairly right on honestly. But I'm in California so when it works, latency is great :)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You're partially correct.  There was (and still is) a booter hitting the site's IP - it just took me a few minutes to get it properly filtered; hence the slow load times earlier.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Seems that way, I think it's in behind Fran's Network.  That said, if this place get's the attacks LET get's it won't last too long.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Up and down for me in New England. Gonna be a while before things stabilize - what fun.
Had to bust out an old monitoring tool we got rid of a while back to help clean things up some. Bit bumpy but I have CN also tuning.

Francisco

titanicsaled

Maybe it would be worth considering adding a POP in Europe to help distribute the load and provide better speed for Europe users?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Maybe it would be worth considering adding a POP in Europe to help distribute the load and provide better speed for Europe users?
That's Curtis' choice, I have no say in the matter :)

LE* was behind cloudflare.

Given how annoying this flood is it's possible cloudflare will wack him for $200/m.

Francisco

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
It has been up and down all day, I assume it would have been worse without your filtering (This is the 3rd time I am trying to post this) Hope you catch the nasty B*********ds

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yes, we're going to investigate additional options on keeping vpsBoard online with minimal interruption. Fran and BuyVM are doing a great job and going above and beyond for an unmanaged service, however there will be a mirror setup later today for failover and some other neat things in store too.

amuck-landowner