amuck-landowner

End User - What vps control panel would you prefer, how important it to you ?

trueman1

Verified Provider
Hi VPS Users,

What vps control panel would you prefer, how important it to you ?

i know that everybody like SolusVM control panel,

would you order vps without solusvm control panel ?

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
I prefer some providers' own panels, BuyVM, Vultr and HostUS (and some other I'm not using) all have really nice custom panels.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If Solus isn't being used, something else has to be.  Panel-less offering would be meh.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'd prefer a VPS with a custom control panel over a VPS with SolusVM, if it's not custom then it doesn't matter to me what control panel they are running.

Tyler

Yes, as long as some control panel is in place. Not going to order sans-control panel.

I don't care, as long as it's not bad. (RIP Feathur)

Servers4You

Verified Provider
I like the OnApp control panel, that has tons of features that has tons of API features, other than that I love how SolusVM is built, again it is extremely popular.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
how about proxmox control panel ?
I don't recall a provider using proxmox's own panel....  Think I've seen a few API wrap it though.  I suppose that can be done - using Proxmox itself....  Maybe one of the hardcore Proxmox users can speak up about it... I only use ProxMox in single customer mode (me with multiple containers I manage for myself).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@trueman1, welcome to vpsboard.

I'm unsure of anyone using Proxmox... The general consensus from past discussions seem to be that Proxmox is something most would be comfortable using in a closed dev environment but not in a public production environment. I've never used it so I can't comment on it in detail.

But to answer your original questions:

What vps control panel would you prefer, how important it to you ?
My favorite control panels are custom ones written and use from some providers here. @KuJoe hit it out of the park with his Wyvern control panel he uses for SecureDragon. It's just simple and works. @Francisco and @Aldryic at BuyVM did great things with their Stallion panel as well and it has more features. Both panels are excellent for different reasons.

Of course. I already am. Most my providers do not use SolusVM.... I have containers with: Linode, DigitalOcean, BuyVM, SecureDragon, Backupsy and AnyNode and none of those are using SolusVM. In fact, I only have a couple providers that do use SolusVM. (RamNode and Hostigation)

Though I don't really care what control panel is in use so long as the service is solid. All the providers that I use I use because they're solid providers with a good reputation. Even if there was no control panel offered and I had to ticket in for every single task that I am used to doing myself I'd still use those guys just because the service is good.

Check out the visual comparison between some custom panels here:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
i know that everybody like SolusVM control panel,

I'm much less likely these days to use a host who uses SolusVM (or Virtualizor)...my virtualization needs have changed over the years and panels like SolusVM just don't provide what I need.

Current favorite virtualization control panels: Mirantis OpenStack interface (KVM), and ArubaCloud's VisualCloud (VMware).  Nephoscale's NephOS earns points in my book too for its CloudScript language.

sv01

Slow but sure
actually I don't care about design, as long these control panel work :D

remember ramhost control panel? it just work.

lowesthost

Verified Provider
I don't think clients really care as long as it works :)

I personally miss the old days of no panels

amuck-landowner