amuck-landowner

Looking For Single Server Colo

Munzy

I am looking for a single server colo on the cheaper side.

Server:

• 1u
  • normal depth
  • 1 to 1.5 amps (q6600 processor)
  • IMPI on board
Needs:

• /29 or /28
  • 5tbs to 10tbs bandwidth -or- unmetered 100mbps
  • free hour of remote hands per month (within reason / basics)
  • No contract *month to month*
Anything under the moon, plan on starting service next month after I get the server shipped from its current home. (Aug 2015)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Dacentec gets my vote. Got a partial cabinet with them and a dedicated currently but had a RTO server for over a year and their network has only gotten better since I started with them. I posted some uptime stats on LET a few days ago and I'll link it when I get home if you can't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
Talk to the guys at Colo@.  They have some reasonable pricing on 1U server colo in many of their locations.

Munzy

Any location preference? Or is cheap the only qualifier?
Cheap is the only qualifier, I am okay with just about anywhere.

Talk to the guys at Colo@.  They have some reasonable pricing on 1U server colo in many of their locations.
Funny thing is I was talking to the colo@ rep for a quarter rack for the nearish future and they redirected me to there LA office, upon which they said they don't sell anything less then full racks and tried to upsell me for 30 minutes.

Dacentec gets my vote. Got a partial cabinet with them and a dedicated currently but had a RTO server for over a year and their network has only gotten better since I started with them. I posted some uptime stats on LET a few days ago and I'll link it when I get home if you can't find it.
Already have two great servers at dacentec, might go with them still, but would like other options if possible.

qps

Verified Provider
Funny thing is I was talking to the colo@ rep for a quarter rack for the nearish future and they redirected me to there LA office, upon which they said they don't sell anything less then full racks and tried to upsell me for 30 minutes.
I sent them a link to this thread and they just told me that they only do quarter racks in Atlanta.

They also said they will do single server per U type colo.

Munzy

I sent them a link to this thread and they just told me that they only do quarter racks in Atlanta.

They also said they will do single server per U type colo.
In regards to reasonable pricing..... they just quoted me $315 to $330 a month. I can get a whole quarter rack at that price.

PureVoltage

Verified Provider
I think the main thing with this is looking for cheap is find and there are a lot of great places for it however an hour of remote hands pushes that away from being budget. Most places charge $125-250 an hour for remote hands.

Will you mostly just need random reboots? Or full remote hands work?

Quadranet might be good I think they do 1-2u colo.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Give these guys a consideration, nice small business facility owner, West Virginia by bw backhauls to NYC.  Good prices:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1491902

This shop has long been on my list for north of the border... Good peering last time I looked:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1494076

Free hands happens in lots of shops for simple stuff.... Ask in sales process and make sure nature of things accounted for.

Out west, I've been thinking of Quadranet highly lately. Can't speak to single U commits and hands on such.  They have installs in Texas and Florida also probably at a bit more cost.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
On the west coast:

option #1: Silicon Valley Web Hosting in San Jose (at CoreSite)...in business since 1997 (and also owns NephoScale) http://www.svwh.net/colocation.php  AS13332 <--gets added points for hosting EFF.

option #2: I used CalPop in LA for colo long ago (i.e. 2005/2007ish) they were OK but not great (the network back then was the not great part) but its been a long time so things might have changed (one change for the positive since I used them is their co-founder/former CEO is no longer with the company).  Unlike a certain DC in Buffalo, they do allow 24/7/365 access to colo customers so you can save on remote hands if you're in the area.  AS7796

Willing to bet he's more referring to employee quality. 
There is one ex-employee of theirs with an outsized ego who has his own company now but received a lot of negative "press" during his days with Q. (and also before he joined them) if you do a search on WHT or google.  TL;DR they seem to hire a lot of bullshit artists...

RHServices

Verified Provider
Give these guys a consideration, nice small business facility owner, West Virginia by bw backhauls to NYC.  Good prices:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1491902
Thanks for the mention drmike! Just wanted to mention that we backhaul to Equinix DC2 in Ashburn, Virginia.

We provide remote reboot PDU access over private VPN, and can additionally provide dedicated IPKVM access at no additional cost. We also do not charge remote hands fees for most typical items, such as installing drives, memory, raid controllers, etc. The only time we would charge would be if it was say for multiple hours of troubleshooting a customers software/application.

Clouvider-Dom

Verified Provider
By just about anywhere you mean Europe is ok too ?

We can do 1.5A for £79 / mo + VAT.

1Hr remote hands / mo included.

Free racking

/29 IPv4

/64 IPv6

Month-to-month contract.

PM me if you're interested : ).

Munzy

By just about anywhere you mean Europe is ok too ?

We can do 1.5A for £79 / mo + VAT.

1Hr remote hands / mo included.

Free racking

/29 IPv4

/64 IPv6

Month-to-month contract.

PM me if you're interested : ).
Yes I do mean anywhere, and thank you for the offer, but I'll pass.

amuck-landowner