amuck-landowner

WHMCS - how to create promo for single clients

Bruce

Verified Provider
If I want to create promo codes for clients, how can I limit them to just ome client? seems that you can restrict to new clients or existing clients, but not a single client or a subset of all clients.

is there an addon module around for doing that?

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Just set 'Maximum Uses' to 1 and share said discount code with just the one client you want to use it... once they use the code it becomes unusable by him or anyone else again.

trueman1

Verified Provider
it easy - in you promo

Apply OnceApply only once per order (even if multiple items qualify)

or

Apply Once / ClientApply only once per client globally (ie. only one order allowed per promo)

and if you like:

New SignupsApply to new signups only (must have no previous active orders)

Existing ClientApply to existing clients only (must have an active order to qualify)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just set 'Maximum Uses' to 1 and share said discount code with just the one client you want to use it... once they use the code it becomes unusable by him or anyone else again.
That is what I would do and probably the best bet to complete this.

Bruce

Verified Provider
thanks for the suggestions. so I'm right about not being able to assign codes to clients.

what I was wanting to do is give discounts to specific clients, but protect against that code being shared with others. ideally a code that worked more than just the once, which is really about the only way to do it.

Tyler

Yeah, the only workaround I would say is manually adding the order from the admin-side and doing a price override through there. Not sure what your intended purpose is though, so it might be more work. To me it sounded like you wanted to give codes to clients so that they could give them to other friends--there's a module that lets clients create their own custom promo codes, predefined by you, to use.

Clouvider-Dom

Verified Provider
I would do a very detailed promo code, limited in use, limited to appropriate services and with a short expiry.

Isn't it easier to just take the order off WHMCS for the Customer and then enter it manually, or to apply a discount on the standard price after the order is placed? Unless you want the Customer to be able to use special conditions on multiple orders.

Criot

Verified Provider
You could always create the client a group and assign them to that group to give them the discount? The discount is then automatically applied to any product they order, obviously if you're only wanting them to get the discount on a specific product then this wouldn't work.

Bruce

Verified Provider
thanks for all the replies

WHMCS have their hands busy with getting 6.0 stable, so no point suggesting a new feature. just seemed like an obvious thing to want - promo code dedicated to specific customers or group of customers. if WHMCS ever supports multi-company use, then this might be needed.

another idea is use affiliate payments for your own orders, but that's messy

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Even if you request such a feature I somehow doubt it will get too much attention or interest from the WHMCS community, I mean it's a feature not really many need or would find really useful... and if you take a look at their suggestion boards you'll see much more needed features being on hold for months or even years without WHMCS completing them =/

amuck-landowner