1 x IPv4

1 x IPv6 (atleast)

KVM or XEN-PV or XEN HVM

Locations: US East + US West + EUROPE

Budget around $3 each

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
SecureDragon, O256 matches at least two of your locations.

Others will to if you don't mind paying yearly.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
cPanel changed the recent requirements for cPanel DNS Only and it won't install on a VPS with less than 768MB of RAM so you'll either need to order a VPS with that or you'll need to ask your provider to increase your RAM on install.

Why do you need 200GB of bandwidth though? That's a lot for DNS queries. ;)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
For Europe, (this is VMware not KVM or Xen),

ArubaCloud €1 monthly recurring (minimum deposit when opening/recharging account is €10)

1GB RAM

2 TB transfer

20GB SSD storage

choice of locations in Italy (2 owned DC's), Czech Republic (owned DC), UK, Germany, or France.  

One of the most stable VPS's I've ever used.

http://www.arubacloud.com/vps/virtual-private-server-range.aspx

edited to add: Leaseweb is having a 40% off sale so you can get a KVM 1GB RAM/40GB disk/4TB transfer VPS for under €3 (Amsterdam or Frankfurt) or under $3 (Virginia).  Coupon code SAVE40.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Asim

@MannDude I am not looking for OVZ

@KuJoe I bet the change is due to CentOS 7 eating lot of memory. I use KVM templates so its easier to get setup.

@DomainBop I will look into this, LeaseWeb is great but they only accept PAYPAL and CreditCards via PAYPAL. PayPal does not accept CreditCards from Pakistan (unsure why) and we dont have PAYPAL in Pakistan so its a an opportunity lost

Asim

[root@ns1 ~]# sh latest-dnsonly
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Cpanel & WHM Installer (dnsonly).....
____ _
___| _ \ __ _ _ __ ___| |
/ __| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _ \ |
| (__| __/ (_| | | | | __/ |
\___|_| \__,_|_| |_|\___|_|

Installer Version v00045 r9162d5b6f8b257398848485b7b20fa0b4417b44e

Beginning main installation.
2015-07-10 09:49:52 516 ( INFO): cPanel & WHM installation started at: Fri Jul 10 09:49:52 2015!
2015-07-10 09:49:52 517 ( INFO): This installation will require 20-50 minutes, depending on your hardware.
2015-07-10 09:49:52 518 ( INFO): Now is the time to go get another cup of coffee/jolt.
2015-07-10 09:49:52 519 ( INFO): The install will log to the /var/log/cpanel-install.log file.
2015-07-10 09:49:52 520 ( INFO):
2015-07-10 09:49:52 521 ( INFO): Beginning Installation v3...
2015-07-10 09:49:52 341 ( INFO): CentOS 6 (Linux) detected!
2015-07-10 09:49:52 346 ( INFO): Checking RAM now...
2015-07-10 09:49:52 354 (ERROR): cPanel, Inc. requires a minimum of 768 MB of RAM for your operating system.
2015-07-10 09:49:52 355 (FATAL): Increase the server's total amount of RAM, and then reinstall cPanel & WHM.
Removing /root/installer.lock.

Now I know what you mean @KuJoe :(

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah cPanel DNS Only has always had a check in their script to make sure you had the minimum RAM.  

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I created some special KVM plans because of a lot of interest lately in cPanel DNS Only, I'll throw them out here in case anybody is interested (note that the bandwidth is pretty low compared to our other plans, the CPU is also reduced, and the only OS options are CentOS since that is all cPanel supports).

Specs:

768MB Dedicated RAM

20GB Disk Space

50GB Bandwidth (allows for over 400,000 DNS Queries, if you need more PM me and I can adjust this for established vpsBoard members)

1 IPv4 Address

16 IPv6 Addresses

1 CPU Core

$1.99/Month OR $19.90/Year

(Stock is limited for both plans because our KVM nodes have limited space left.)

Tampa, FL.  -> https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=255

Denver, CO. -> https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=256

Last edited by a moderator:

Asim

Yeah cPanel DNS Only has always had a check in their script to make sure you had the minimum RAM.  
I have been running cPanel DNSONly on ramnode 256MB-KVM since approx 2 years now. Probably they added it after that

I created some special KVM plans because of a lot of interest lately in cPanel DNS Only, I'll throw them out here in case anybody is interested (note that the bandwidth is pretty low compared to our other plans, the CPU is also reduced, and the only OS options are CentOS since that is all cPanel supports).

Specs:

768MB Dedicated RAM

20GB Disk Space

50GB Bandwidth (allows for over 400,000 DNS Queries, if you need more PM me and I can adjust this for established vpsBoard members)

1 IPv4 Address

16 IPv6 Addresses

1 CPU Core

$1.99/Month OR $19.90/Year

(Stock is limited for both plans because our KVM nodes have limited space left.)

Tampa, FL.  -> https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=255

Denver, CO. -> https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=256
Sweet

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
i am not experienced but...

why not use a hosted dns service like powerdns.net ?

https://www.powerdns.net/en/pages/pricing.aspx 

its only $4/year per domain
Because it's not integrated with cPanel directly (Although I believe there are plugins available).  Also some people prefer to have more control over their DNS by running it themselves rather than offloading it to a hosted DNS Service.  Mostly with the idea that "if you run it yourself then you have more control over it and you're not at the mercy of someone else to fix it if it ever goes down.".  

I personally use DNSMadeEasy for my private domains, but many people prefer running their own.  

Asim

@Francisco yes, sounds owesome but I have no love for OVZ for my DNS cluster, just a personal preference :D

@Mid no intergration with cPanel like @HalfEatenPie explained

So updates are that I have got one from @KuJoe (the really sweet offer he posted above), so far running smooth.

My current nameserver provider since approx more than 2 years (RamNode by @Nick_A) has helped me setup the 4 nameservers again. It turns out that the 786MB memory is for the installation only, it runs at 125MB constant with approx 500 zones

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
@Francisco yes, sounds owesome but I have no love for OVZ for my DNS cluster, just a personal preference :D

@Mid no intergration with cPanel like @HalfEatenPie explained

So updates are that I have got one from @KuJoe (the really sweet offer he posted above), so far running smooth.

My current nameserver provider since approx more than 2 years (RamNode by @Nick_A) has helped me setup the 4 nameservers again. It turns out that the 786MB memory is for the installation only, it runs at 125MB constant with approx 500 zones
Yep.  If I recall it's an initial check at the beginning so if your provider is willing to bump up your RAM temporarily during the script's installation phase then you'll be fine.  I remember @mitgib used to do that for me a long time ago when I was running my own DNS Cluster.  

amuck-landowner