• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

Who was your first VPS provider?

118 posts in this topic

I am not sure if it was mentioned before or not, but my first VPS provider was and still is BalticServers

Believe it or not the first vps provider I ever used was namecheap. Although I didn't have the best experience with them they're support is great.

My first VPS offsite was with IntoVPS and its Control panel was nice and simple .

Quite a way back had some with BurstNet, only a couple of things in aws now.

I had my first VPS with DelimiterVPS. They had a different homepage back then and Direct Admin included cheap plans. later they had issues with Paypal and forced 2Checkout.  I leaved them during those dark days. Later second provider I guess it was BlueVM and they do not seem to be around anymore. I remember sth like ChicagoVPS acquiring them, if correctly.

My first VPS provider was Burstnet, USA which I bought in the year 2008. It was nice experience through as I was using normal cpanel hosting till then.

My first VPS provider was zFast (UK) - I used their VPS since 2014. Their server was originally in America but they upgraded and started moving people to a local server in Manchester (UK). It was great for the two years I used it, a bit more to pay but it was well worth it. 

On 8/21/2015 at 1:57 AM, willie said:

My first personal vps was the AlienLayer 192MB plan, like several other people here.  It was one of the earliest really cheap plans, cheap enough that I could buy it for experimentation without having an actual use for it.  I was very happy with it even though it was horribly unreliable by current standards.  I got my money's worth ($15/year or so, when everything else cost much more) just from the experience of setting it up and installing some stuff on it and serving a few personal pages.

Before that I used a Rackspace VPS for some work stuff, but it had been purchased and set up by one of my co-workers.   IIRC it was $12.50 a month for 512MB ram and 20gb of disk or thereabouts.  I thought that was very affordable and figured I'd buy one myself once I had a use for it.  Then I watched LEB for a while and got the Alien vps and the addiction started.

good times

First leb was a VPStree box, with, if memory helps, 64mb ram. And that was enough to run wordpress. First 'serious' provider was Linode. And i'm still a customer of theirs

Prior to entering webhosting business , i use to have a account with atlantic.net , they were nice at that time and yes they still exist

If i remember i bought my first VPS in OVH

my first VPS server was Hostgator which is Exactly what i was looking for that time little costly but its worth price :)

Thanks

kvcwebhost is my first vps hosting provider, since they provide ssd vps servers and also offer great discount.