amuck-landowner

FYI: Planned vpsBoard maintenance will be occuring later this evening.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
To upgrade the forum to IPB4 the site will be unavailable for a couple hours later this evening. You will either see this page or a regular IPB error page during this time.

Will be in IRC ( https://vpsboard.com/irc/index.php) during this time and will update Twitter as well with any relevant updates.

I'll update this thread again before I proceed. About to go for a stroll around town, get some food, and get some coffee so I can bust this out.

See ya in a bit!

Last edited by a moderator:

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Have fun on your wisdom walk and good luck with the upgrade :D

I'll probably be sleeping, will see the new goodies when I wake up.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Going dark for a bit very shortly. Last update. Just doing some last minute things before turning on maintenance mode. :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Back again... for now.

Will go down again later, need to fix something else first...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks for your patience everyone. We're back online now and ready for you. There are a couple things I need to iron out still and will be completing shortly. Please report any bugs or errors you encounter with the upgrade in this thread here.

Thanks.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Couple qwerks I am still needing to work out... Some of you are not going to like the new text / post editor. Sidebar stuff needs improved. Some visual things need fixed.

What is new:

• Profile stuff. Go update your profiles!
  • Much better private messaging system. I may finally start responding to my enormous backlog of PMs now!
  • Nested quotes. Can quote a quote inside a quote that's a quoted quote.
  • When accessing a thread you've already seen before, a visual marker is placed under the last response you saw previously to better indicate what you have seen and what you have not seen.
  • Performance related updates. Site should hopefully be faster.
  • Questions and Answers forum is now awesome. Go check it out!
Other than that, existing features should have been improved upon.

I am aware of the following bugs and will be fixing them in short time:

• Some special characters do not display properly.
  • Sidebar padding issues. Will be fixed soon as well with other visual issues.
  • vpsBoard Library is being rebuilt.
  • Navbar is missing old links, will be added soon.
  • "Go to top" will be added to pages to, y'know, go back to the top.
  • Probably some other stuff I know about but am forgetting to mention.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not possible unfortunately. I tried to re-create the color schemes but the old themes were not cross compatible. :(

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Not possible unfortunately. I tried to re-create the color schemes but the old themes were not cross compatible. :(

make them cross compatible..!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

make them cross compatible..!
I'll have to hire someone to do it, I don't know how or if it's even possible to be honest.
KEEP THE TRAIN MOVING!

Congrats on the upgrade.

All sorts of new features in IPB 4.   :)

And all the new "features" that comes with it!  Like the bug- I mean "features"!!!  Especially the link feature!  it's my favorite!  All the links link to the same post!  Itself! 

Joking aside, glad this went so smoothly :)  I mean there are still a bit bugs here and there but overall everything should get better over time as we iron everything out.  Thanks @MannDude for taking the time to work on it!  

ExonHost

Verified Provider
Hyperlink doesn't working correctly. If you click on the any website url, its just open same thread instead website. You can reproduce by click on your signature link or open any advertisement thread and click on the website url.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hyperlink doesn't working correctly. If you click on the any website url, its just open same thread instead website. You can reproduce by click on your signature link or open any advertisement thread and click on the website url.

Valid issue.  Applies to any link in the site content....   So links in offers link just to the thread itself vs. external.

Licensecart

Interesting, on my IB4 it doesn't happen so has to be a skin thing.

ExonHost

Verified Provider

Interesting, on my IB4 it doesn't happen so has to be a skin thing.
I think so.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Yep, just noticed that about 20 minutes ago.

For now, please go ahead and update it manually... I do apologize. I'm not quite sure why it's that's way and will be writing IPB Support very shortly.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just posted a new thread which has a link to external PDF....  After posting looked at thread and the URL/link for that works just fine... Hopefully that helps in support and debugging.

amuck-landowner