amuck-landowner

Singapore Dedicated Server (LeaseWeb's Location)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Howdy folks,

I was looking into a dedicated server for a small project I'm doing right now.  

I'd like to find a dedicated server with either an E3 or dual Xeon and 8 to 16 GB of RAM.  The most important part though is that I'm looking more towards Leaseweb's blend of bandwidth (or just something that's reliable without a ton of packet loss).  

The reason I say that is because I'm currently using ReadyServer.sg (I got my server back when they were on promotion for 60/month with no setup fees...  It also comes with unmetered 100 Mbit) and I've been getting 15-20% packet loss regularly which is frustrating to work with sometimes.  I've experienced some services on Leaseweb Singapore location and had the fortunate experience of not having any packet loss while on it.  I need a dedicated server on a really solid network in either Singapore or Hong Kong.  I'd also appreciate it if it didn't break the bank, but I understand transit in Asia is expensive.  

Honestly most important Asian countries to have networking access from is Korea, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia (Basically, South East Asia with Korea, Japan, and Australia).  

Thanks!   

MikeA

Verified Provider
Leaseweb's Singapore servers start at like $69 USD. What are you looking for that's different from them? I can never find anything good in that region but I've never used anything on the Leaseweb network.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well I'm either looking for something that has a stable bandwidth.  I'm totally down with paying a bit more for it.  That's why I've been looking for something in Leaseweb's Singapore location since I've already tried service there and had some of the most stable traffic there.  My current location isn't bad for the price, but gets regular packet loss that's very difficult to work with on this project.  So now I'm willing to look into alternatives and hoping there was any options available with better bandwidth blend.  

GIANT_CRAB

If you're looking for good network transit in Asia, why not OAH/HostSG?

Also, a quick question, where are you currently residing at? Might the packet loss be because of an issue with your ISP?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
If you're looking for good network transit in Asia, why not OAH/HostSG?

Also, a quick question, where are you currently residing at? Might the packet loss be because of an issue with your ISP?

Well I saw OAH but their pricing is 150 dollars to start with.  

Also @GIANT_CRAB, this is reports from people from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, and Korea.  This isn't an issue from one ISP. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I guess I'll update this thread.

After weighing my options, I decided to go directly with Leaseweb.  Straight out of the gate their network is much more stable and I'm seeing (and hearing) better performance all around.  Everything seems to be running much smoother as well.

We'll see how long this lasts, however I see myself staying with Leaseweb directly for a while since it's been working out for me so much better than that other company's network.  

winnervps

Verified Provider
HI @HalfEatenPie

Are you still in need of mentioned server? So sorry for the late. We do have private racks in SGCS2 through Leaseweb Asia Pacific. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
HI @HalfEatenPie

Are you still in need of mentioned server? So sorry for the late. We do have private racks in SGCS2 through Leaseweb Asia Pacific. Thanks

Hello,

I'd be interested in looking into it.  Out of curiosity, do you guys have the volume bandwidth package or the premium bandwidth package?  Also, do you have a test IP available?

winnervps

Verified Provider

Hello,

I'd be interested in looking into it.  Out of curiosity, do you guys have the volume bandwidth package or the premium bandwidth package?  Also, do you have a test IP available?
Hi,

We are on the Volume Package, and you'll be on it, as well (if you join our private racks), as the Premium Bandwidth hasn't been yet published by them. (The last time they told me would be on end of August 2015 for this road map). The different between both would be the Premium will consist of 'Direct China Transit' (they said). Please have a check on our Looking Glass here http://lgsg.serverkeren.com

PS: Once they are ready for the Premium, we'll be offering the same.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

Hello,

Hi,

We are on the Volume Package, and you'll be on it, as well (if you join our private racks), as the Premium Bandwidth hasn't been yet published by them. (The last time they told me would be on end of August 2015 for this road map). The different between both would be the Premium will consist of 'Direct China Transit' (they said). Please have a check on our Looking Glass here http://lgsg.serverkeren.com

PS: Once they are ready for the Premium, we'll be offering the same.
Thanks.  I already have a server directly with Leaseweb so I'm good for the moment then.  If you do have additional hardware available then please feel free to let me know what you have available. 

winnervps

Verified Provider
@HalfEatenPie,

Yes, I just saw it. The benefit to go with us:

1. Leaseweb would restrict you to only allow 3 IP per server. If you need more, please just drop me a PM. No negotiation can be made for this thing from them AFAIK.
  2. Another things might be a discounted price, but I think you've been receiving this from the only sales guy there, right ;) but if you want to compare just drop me a PM
  3. Another benefit would be, well, you can simple opt-out the tax if you are EU residents ;)

amuck-landowner