• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
flopv

How to get traffic for Web Hosting forum

Question

Hello,

I want to know, how to get traffic for newly established Web Hosting forum. I am preparing some tutorials and quality content. How to add users.

Thank You

16 answers to this question

Write good content, and they will come. 

1 person likes this

Or write bad content and they will come to mock.

1 person likes this

Maybe reach out to some bloggers to see if they would recommend your forum. Get people to come by having good solid rules so there isn't a lot of spam.

Show up daily, do lots of work... defer your life... turn off the TV.  Turn off the games...

Now that I have your somewhat undivided attention --- plan and schedule.

Tutorials are good, but takes a ton of time or spend invest.  They aren't guaranteed to be an ROI thing either and most take a good long while to get seen, unless they get out there on something noisy.  Meaning it has to be some hipster / cutting edge / highly interesting.

Edited by drmike
1 person likes this

Show up daily, do lots of work... defer your life... turn off the TV.  Turn off the games...

Now that I have your somewhat undivided attention --- plan and schedule.

Tutorials are good, but takes a ton of time or spend invest.  They aren't guaranteed to be an ROI thing either and most take a good long while to get seen, unless they get out there on something noisy.  Meaning it has to be some hipster / cutting edge / highly interesting.

Get drmike. He's responsible for writing half the content on this forum.

2 people like this

I can't believe nobody mentioned the obvious yet

More cats?

1 person likes this

On 10/21/2015, 8:08:42, Munzy said:

Write good content, and they will come. 

Thank You. I am already working in this area.

Write Content and network with other professionals and let them know about the website.

invite people, great content, social marketing would be a good start

Hello,

In addition do not forget to choose and insert keywords and description in your html code even if it is deprecated that still counts.

I agree with the write good content part, also doing some SEO is good. Check out this tool, WooRank.com. It will give you a free SEO analysis of your website with good pointers on things you may have missed.

Good content and make sure to update it regularly. People will most likely check on it they see that it's always updated.

Work on keywords and content, make sure it has to be meaningful and unique. Promote your business in guest Blogs.