amuck-landowner

Ip Changing Of Windows Vps Srver

SM Jaber

I am using a vps from amazon which runs on windows server 2012. That was working quite nicely but today i found i can't visit a certain website indianvisa-bangladesh.nic.in from my vps. Except that site I can visit all other website. I changed the ip using a vpn soft. But nothing happening. Would anyone can describe what is the problem and the solution. 

Can you advice me what can be done

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So you are running Windows 2012 on Amazon and from there certain sites just do not work?  

It's likely Amazon or that IP specifically that you have or the range it is in is on a blacklist.  

I deal with this all the time with public VPNs.

TheLinuxBug

Um, that site you linked doesn't work for me either you get an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I think the site is having issues.

Cheers!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
URL as provided is not working for me either:

Could not connect: Connection refused

SM Jaber

A site indianvisa-bangladesh.nic.in Recently have blocked AL-most 80% country from accessing the server. My vps server location is In USA so i can't visit  for this reason. The site is now on accessible Bangladesh, Romania or some country.

So what can i do now.

Is static ip can be a solution?

If i able to locate my ip to Bangladesh the problem is solved but how can i do it Please let me know if you know.

When I configrure a new ip from network and sharing center of my windows vps server then i can't connect the server anymore from RDP. So if the ip changing can be a solution for this issue how to change the ip as well as reconnect from RDP.

I am expecting a advice from you. Would you please let me know?

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Mod Notice: To prevent spamming on the exact same topic and the exact same domain, I've merged this topic with the previous topic. Please only make one topic for the issue instead of constantly making new threads related to the same issue.

In terms of your problem, if you need an IP change you have to contact your provider to get this sorted out for you.  Your service provider should be the person who you contact for help in this situation.

If your previous IP was blocked, then a static IP would do no big difference.  The importance is for you to contact them and the hosting company they're with and have their network admins figure out what the problem is.  If you're simply a user, that is all you can do.  Maybe do a traceroute and see if the routing of the IP the server is with actually works.

But as stated before, the link you gave us points us to a server that either isn't running a web server on port 80 or 443, or simply isn't responding to requests on those ports from those IPs.  Again, only thing you can do is contact the service provider.  If you're the sysadmin behind this operation, then you need to look into what the problem is on the server-side as again, this isn't an issue from the client-side.  

amuck-landowner