• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
dario gomez

What is the cheapest vps of windows? And do you know any trial service for 30 days?

18 posts in this topic

Hi, i want a cheap windows vps service with windows cheaper than 10 dollars and i need to create
many vps. But i dont want azure vps, neither amazon vps, do you know any good alternative for
me? I want to use it for 30 days, a trial is good for me too, Many thanks!

Seems you are looking for a windows vps re-seller program?

How many VPS you need and preferred location?

You can check offer section. Many VPS provider gives discount code for first month.

I need to create 100 win vps that is the reason that i ask for something cheap

@dario gomez Look at getting a few dedicated servers to create your windows vps' on. It should be much cheaper in the long run. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, dario gomez said:

I need to create 100 win vps that is the reason that i ask for something cheap

Then don't waste money and purchase a dedicated server, sigup with Microsoft SPLA Program and use datacenter license to license your all 100 VPSs.

You can also ask to providers for giving a bulk discount. Many windows VPS provider will be happy to give you a discount If you purchase in a bulk.

I'd suggest to purchase dedicated server with windows datacenter license. Then setup hyper-v and create windows vm.

30 days trial ?  Don't you think that is too much ? :)

1 person likes this

So you need 100 Windows-based VMs for only 30 days? May I ask exactly what you intend to do with those?

On 10/29/2015, 3:40:55, dario gomez said:

, do you know any good alternative for
me

Linux :)

Grabbing a dedicated server with Datacenter edition license would be an ideal option for you. Since you will be able to license as many VPS on that node as you can. So you can grab a big 16 threaded server with around 48-64GB of RAM and virtualise your VPS using Hyper-V

Beware of colocrossing scam sites like HVH and 100+ other fake brands/company which can't even register. Colocrossing = scam.

1 hour ago, kunnu said:

Beware of colocrossing scam sites like HVH and 100+ other fake brands/company which can't even register. Colocrossing = scam.

I agree, Colocrossing isn't the best but I wouldn't call it a scam...

On 1/3/2016 at 8:37 PM, kunnu said:

Do you happen to have any first hand experience with them?

Hello u can to take vps on prohoster.info
It is very cheap and easy )

Hey Dario, I agree with what most have mentioned here. Get a dedicated server with some type of DDOS protection, become a microsoft partner, and get a SPLA agreement.

Just beware that the pricing on Windows licensing is supposed to be increasing. Instead of a per-processor pricing structure, which is what they're using now, they're going to be changing over to a per-core pricing structure. I never found out if they were going to apply this to their older Win 2008 versions too, but you may want to find out before hand. 

If you speak with the guys over at Insight, they can help you get started with all of the paperwork for joining their SPLA agreement. You can then either activate/use the dedicted server editions of the license (which allows unlimited windows vms, 1 license PER processor but again may change or have already changed to a per-core structure) or just get individual licenses which is much more expensive. Good luck