amuck-landowner

Are you able to replicate this forum error?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey guys and gals, I need your help diagnosing an error I and someone else ( I forget who reported it ) is experiencing on this forum. I tested it on IPB's own community forum and the issue persisted there, however I was informed that it must only be me as their users were unable to replicate it despite me being able to replicate it each and every time.

Here is what I need you to do: Paste a URL into a response, any URL (keeping in mind forum rules) and then start typing after it. What "should" happen is that the text after the URL is not linked to the URL. What is happening (for me, anyways) is that the text after the URL is automatically linked to the URL. It's a big pain in the ass. Example below:

https://vpsboard.com/forum/15-the-pub-off-topic-discussion/?do=add THIS TEXT YOU'RE READING IN CAPITAL LETTERS SHOULDN'T BE LINKED TO THE URL I PASTED

See what I mean? When I paste that URL and type after it, that text is linked to the URL automatically. I'm just using Firefox with no actual plugins that should cause this.

You give it a whirl, and please tell me what browser and OS you're using.

You can read my bug report here where others are unable to replicate it, even though the bug follows me around from IPB forum to IPB forum: https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/41x-pasting-url-results-in-text-typed-after-url-to-link-and-underline-r8720/

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Strange. Anyone else?

I'm using Linux Mint and Firefox. Chrome and Opera stopped working for me a couple months ago and lock my system up so I can't test with those. I've yet to care enough to figure out why that happens.

RLT

Chrome AdBlock+, web developer., Don't even have ghostery on this laptop.

Firefox is pure vanilla. Don't use it much so I never added any plugins.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks @bauhaus, hmm, I wonder why Firefox is doing this. Same for me. Different for others. Sure is a head scratcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

RLT

Looks to be a Firefox on Linux bug. I can't duplicate it on Win 7 8 or 10. But I can on Debian and OpenSuSe

amuck-landowner