amuck-landowner

Fallout 4 just around the corner!

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Got an e-mail and text message from Best Buy telling me to update my credit card (I thought I was billed at the time of pre-order so I didn't notice my card expired between then and now). I'm in the process of building a computer that will actually play it (SATA cables should arrive today and liquid cooler will arrive tomorrow, most likely buying my brother's old video card until I can afford something really beefy) but I'm super stoked about this game. I try to make it a habit to not watch trailers for anything, but I did see some game play footage while trying to find the system requirements and now I'm even more excited (not as excited as the new Deus Ex I just pre-ordered, but Fallout is a close number 2 in my list of favorite game series).

I'm thinking I should finally get around to beating Fallout 3: New Vegas before I play number 4, 81 hours logged and still haven't completed the main story.

So who else is getting it on release day? I normally wait for a year or two for a game to drop in price before buying it, but I needed that Pip-Boy! :)

Hxxx

I don't know why I never liked fall out. Bought a copy of Fallout3 at the time of its release, gave it free to another person. I disliked the game dynamic so much. 

Licensecart

Woo! I can't wait but why are they trying to charge your card? Amazon do it when they ship the game. Black Ops 3 tomorrow :D Fallout 4 next week what more could a gamer want. You got the PS4, Xbox One or PC? I'm PS4, and I didn't get the pip boy fuck that £250+ for that just the game for me.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Woo! I can't wait but why are they trying to charge your card? Amazon do it when they ship the game. Black Ops 3 tomorrow :D Fallout 4 next week what more could a gamer want. You got the PS4, Xbox One or PC? I'm PS4, and I didn't get the pip boy fuck that £250+ for that just the game for me.

I don't know if they were trying to charge my card or just noticed it was expired and reminding me. I updated my card and I don't see any pending charges so maybe they were just doing a preliminary check or something to make sure I was able to get the game on time (or maybe to clear up some inventory because people are spending a fortune on the Pip-Boy edition). It was only $129 shipped here in the US, although I'm not entirely sure if I would pay over $250 or not for it. I ordered it for the PC, I don't have any consoles besides a GameCube, Dreamcast, and PS2 (Resident Evil goodness across all of them :)).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I don't know why I never liked fall out. Bought a copy of Fallout3 at the time of its release, gave it free to another person. I disliked the game dynamic so much. 

It definitely requires a unique taste and a significant time investment to fully enjoy it.

Licensecart

I don't know if they were trying to charge my card or just noticed it was expired and reminding me. I updated my card and I don't see any pending charges so maybe they were just doing a preliminary check or something to make sure I was able to get the game on time (or maybe to clear up some inventory because people are spending a fortune on the Pip-Boy edition). It was only $129 shipped here in the US, although I'm not entirely sure if I would pay over $250 or not for it. I ordered it for the PC, I don't have any consoles besides a GameCube, Dreamcast, and PS2 (Resident Evil goodness across all of them :)).

Ah :) that's cheap not like ours: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-Pip-Boy-Edition-PC-PRE-ORDER/dp/B010SKEH8M £238 here that probably includes the VAT. Got to love the PS4, but our family is a playstation family haha had a lot of PS1, PS2, had two PS3 and one PS4 in our lifetime so far.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Ah :) that's cheap not like ours: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-Pip-Boy-Edition-PC-PRE-ORDER/dp/B010SKEH8M £238 here that probably includes the VAT. Got to love the PS4, but our family is a playstation family haha had a lot of PS1, PS2, had two PS3 and one PS4 in our lifetime so far.

I'm more of a Nintendo person but the last console I had was an Xbox 360 and it wasn't too bad but the games were expensive and I don't think I could play any FPS with a controller. My brother is getting Fallout 4 for the PS4 I think so next time I visit him I'll give it a try.

Licensecart

I'm more of a Nintendo person but the last console I had was an Xbox 360 and it wasn't too bad but the games were expensive and I don't think I could play any FPS with a controller. My brother is getting Fallout 4 for the PS4 I think so next time I visit him I'll give it a try.

Ah that's the best thing mate with the PS, the controller hasn't changed, well the PS4 has a bit since we have a touchpad and two buttons options and share. 

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
So many big games coming out lately:

• halo 5
  • fallout 4
  • battlefront
  • rise of tombraider
  • black ops 3

And all within a 3 week period. 

Already been playing halo 5,  amazing game. Definitely better than 4, though I didn't mind some parts of 4. Not quite sure which ones I will get first. Never played fallout 3, though if I buy fallout 4 I will get fallout 3 for free via xbox one's BW compatibility so I might go for that one. 

Hxxx

Halo 5 is bad. Have you checked the live streams in youtube or twitch about it? Game looks like an outdated game. At least runs at 60. The Halo series should be left to die. Nothing good came after Halo 3. Obviously just an opinion, Halo fan boyz will appear soon.

Battlefront looks like someone took BF engine, skinned it, removed features, there you have it piu piu star wars game, not even jedi powers... Movie games always suck.

Tombraider is always good.

BO3 obviously top edge graphics and gameplay, is a must.

Fallout 4, havent checked the graphics and dynamics, hopefully will look top edge.

Now the winner for me is one that is coming next year. Mirrors Edge  Catalyst  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GBVMGXXFMw

First one was so good, this one will be better. Check the link, all gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
Halo 5 is bad. Have you checked the live streams in youtube or twitch about it? Game looks like an outdated game. At least runs at 60. The Halo series should be left to die. Nothing good came after Halo 3. Obviously just an opinion, Halo fan boyz will appear soon.

I don't need to check, I have actually played it. Game looks beautiful honestly. Campaign is alright but I enjoyed it. Halo 6 sounds like it is going to be really neat story wise. Multiplayer is a huge improvement over 4 and I have confidence the community will stay around this time, unlike in 4. Game sold $400 million in the first 24 hours making it the largest launch in the series. Don't knock it till you try it. 

Movie games always suck.

For the most part yea. Though games like battlefront 2 and mad max (from what I have heard) are quite good.

Tombraider is always good.

Would you recommend playing the last one? Haven't had the chance to play it yet.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'll take a good story over beautiful graphics any day. Hell, if I could find a decent MUD then I wouldn't have bothered building this computer. :)

Hxxx

I don't need to check, I have actually played it. Game looks beautiful honestly. Campaign is alright but I enjoyed it. Halo 6 sounds like it is going to be really neat story wise. Multiplayer is a huge improvement over 4 and I have confidence the community will stay around this time, unlike in 4. Game sold $400 million in the first 24 hours making it the largest launch in the series. Don't knock it till you try it. 

For the most part yea. Though games like battlefront 2 and mad max (from what I have heard) are quite good.

Would you recommend playing the last one? Haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Yes, I recommend playing the last one. Beautiful graphics and dynamics . Scary too.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
5 more days.. 5 more days! 5 more days!!! Till I call in sick to work. ;) jk

Can't wait! You don't have to watch the previews to know it will be amazing, fallout never seems to disappoint.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Stoaked for Fallout 4.  Preordered with 20% off a while back ;) 

I finished Fallout 3 completely (every single mission, every single side quest, everything).  I touched some New Vegas but I could never get too into it unfortunately.  All on the PC too :)

I would LOVE to play some Halo 5, and honestly I wanted to buy the Xbox One Halo 5 Collector's Edition (my Xbox 360 is the Halo Reach Collectors Edition), but shipping it all the way here is a total PITA.  

MikeA

Verified Provider
I've never played a Fallout game in my life but I pre-ordered Fallout 4 a while ago, the game just looks great and has something about it that I like. Can't wait (even though I'll be at work when it comes out =[..)

Licensecart

I've never played a Fallout game in my life but I pre-ordered Fallout 4 a while ago, the game just looks great and has something about it that I like. Can't wait (even though I'll be at work when it comes out =[..)

You won't be disappointed mate :)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Man I will never understand how UPS gets anything delivered. Just checked the tracking number for my game that should arrive tomorrow and it left Georgia, got to Florida, and went back to Georgia (currently at a facility ~2 hours from where it originally left last week).

Forest Park, GA -> Jacksonville, FL -> Swainsboro, GA

Jacksonville is about a 4 hour drive from my house.
Swainsboro is a 6ish hour drive.
Forest Park is a 6.5 hour drive.

UPS has been shipping it since the 6th and my package has already traveled 546 miles. :(

amuck-landowner