amuck-landowner

Cool techy gift ideas?

Wambo

That time of year to do Christmas/holiday shopping again. What are neat tech products out that you guys are looking at?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
That's pretty neat!

I've recently just got a Steel Series Rival 300 Mouse, in addition to a Steel Series QcK XXL Mousepad.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Damn you! Never heard of "Steel Series" before but now I must order one of these which sucks because it's wired and I hate wired mice/keyboards: http://store.bethsoft.com/vault-111-steelseries-rival-mouse.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAqK-zBRC2zaXc8MOiwfIBEiQAXPHrXiGELEPmFbg4n0XmsdOVT3f8zeUwdqgkrBRHW0m7-A0aAiNA8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh man dude they're the best!  A close friend of mine sent me a Steel Series 5Hv3 headset a while back.  I absolutely loved it.  One of the most comfortable and best headphones I've ever had.  

And as a big CSGO fan, my teammates finally got me to buy a legit mouse where DPI can finally be adjusted (before that I was simply using an old off the shelf mouse).  I finally went with the Rival 300 and oh man... it's so good.  Also I was told a proper mousepad was needed as it "changes everything light and day".  So I finally went for the XXL while it was on sale!

During black friday, I also bought another mouse (another rival) and the Steel Series Siberia v3 bundle that was also on sale.  

I probably should have directed you to their site during Cyber Monday/Black Friday.  Their sales were so good.  Totally worth it for the price they sell it for and the quality that you get.  

Honestly to say, I love Steel Series.  Some good friends who are using other brands such as Razer are having issues with sticky keys and just breaking easily.  However, I wouldn't mind getting a sennheiser headphones (I hear they're the best in the audio industry), and I heard Zowie has some pretty good peripheral devices but I've never tried it.  

I don't have a mechanical keyboard, but I wouldn't mind getting to know more about it (can anyone talk about how big of a difference it makes?  Because I don't see any major difference between the keyboard I have right now, which is a Dell L100 vs a mechanical keyboard).  

I love my setup right now.  

amuck-landowner