amuck-landowner

research: San Francisco colo

willie

This is research for possible future needs, not a service request per se:  for now I'm happy with my dedis and am just looking ahead to the next phase.  But I'd like to know if there's such a thing as budget colo hosting in San Francisco, which preferably means within the city proper, not "Bay Area" which covers a large distance.  Realistically "budget" probably has to mean maybe 2x the ultra cheap colo available in Dallas or LA, but of course lower is better.  If I can get 2U or minitower with 2 amps and 10 TB for $100/mo I'd be pretty happy.  I know about HE in Fremont but would like to know what else is out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
You might be able to get close if you are willing to go outside of San Francisco, but I doubt you'll find it at this price in San Francisco.  

willie

Hmm what do you think the best I could do in SF is?  $100 for 1U and 1 amp instead of 2U/2A could possibly be ok.  Spending a bit more might also be ok but out-of-town starts looking better at that point.

lowesthost

Verified Provider
colocationamerica has 1 U colo for $75 in SF proper  but it does say  prices vary please contact sales 

nj47

If you end up finding a provider, I would appreciate a follow up - I've been looking for sf colo as well and haven't found anyone willing to take just 1 server.

amuck-landowner