• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
  • ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Similar Content

• By DomainBop
      OVH offers users  the choice of using its modified custom Linux kernels or the regular distro's kernel.  Ubuntu's license contains a clause that requires anyone who distributes a modified version of Ubuntu to get approval from Ubuntu and pay a license fee to use the Ubuntu mark. Canonical/Ubuntu wants OVH to pay a licensing fee of 1-2 euros monthly for each installation which over the course of a year would amount to about 1 million euros.  According to the article Canonical (owner of Ubuntu) is also asking Dreamhost, which also uses a modified version of Ubuntu,  to pay a licensing fee.
      (google translate was invented so you could read the French articles I link to) http://www.clubic.com/pro/actualite-e-business/actualite-809784-ubuntu-canonical-payer-ovh.html
    • By fm7
      Redirecting over and over to the login page.

http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17229
    • By DomainBop
      If any of you OVH based providers want to set yourself apart from the crowd and be the first to start offering PowerKVM VPS's out of RBX for under $7 monthly I might be interested.  A Power8 OpenStack offering would be even better as long as you keep it under $7  (it's been impossible to find a Power8 VPS since OVH/Runabove ended their Power8 lab).  :P
      SoYouStart launched a new server line with amazing specs for the price.:
      Virtualization options for Power8 servers: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/liaam/liaamvirtoptions.htm
      MongoDB and MariaDB already offer Power8 versions so these servers would be great for heavy data processing with large databases...big data

• By drmike
      OVH is offline in Canada right now.
      Someone miles away from the DC cut fiber somehow.
      What is alarming here is that fiber goes to Newark, NJ, meaning it appears OVH only has that bandwidth.  No local / regional peering.  Quite strange.
      6 strands are down.  OVH CEO said 4 hours.  
      It's dark fiber, no clue how big the whole bundle they are in - might be a ton of fibers to cut, prep, polish, test, etc. before they get things patched up.