amuck-landowner

AWS cost estimation for my requirements.

ashutosh

Bandwidth-9000gb
memory-3gb
disk space-85gb

now i don't know how to calculate it using AWS calculator so please help me.!!

and can you also compare plan of "Knownhost" vps-3.

Thankyou!!

lowesthost

Verified Provider
 Amazon EC2 Service 46.57

Cpmpute: 38.07   (4G RAM calculator does not have 3G)

AWS Data Transfer Out: 809.91

EBS Volume:  8.07   ( just used standard SSD) 

Discount: 4.26  ( for first 12 months)

Total:   $852.22

AWS is pay for what you use so this figure would be if you used the actual resources 100%

You got the same answers on WHT just FYI

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Im no expert in AWS resource calculation but the above reply is probably wrong.

AWS bandwidth is ridiculously expensive and the OP wants 9TB (which is what his plan at KnownHost provides).

Currently i use Knownhost vps-3 plan @ $42.5

advice: I would stay at KnownHost unless there is a really good reason you want to move. Performance wise (CPU, I/O) AWS (and Rackspace too for that matter) are mediocre compared to many other VPS and cloud providers (cue in DaveA of Vultr's comparison chart).  In terms of uptime, Knownhost has 99.996% uptime (source: their home page) while AWS's uptime last year was only marginally better at 99.9974% (source networkworld), i.e. a only a couple of minutes difference over the entire year which doesn't justify paying AWS's much higher pricing.

on another note: congratulations to AWS on their new #1 rank on the Spamhaus World's Worst Spam Networks chart...227 SBLs!

graeme

The Knowhost package is a manage VPS, which makes AWS look even more expensive.

AWS looks cheap at first glance, but it always turns out to be expensive by the time you pay the bills.

ashutosh

Amazon EC2 Service 46.57

Cpmpute: 38.07   (4G RAM calculator does not have 3G)

AWS Data Transfer Out: 809.91

EBS Volume:  8.07   ( just used standard SSD) 

Discount: 4.26  ( for first 12 months)

Total:   $852.22

AWS is pay for what you use so this figure would be if you used the actual resources 100%

You got the same answers on WHT just FYI

You are right my friend.

ashutosh

Thank you everyone for your reviews. It really helped me.

42700565eeedc82fd3885ad48e8a5f542f032d96a551f9f447857f83e7beb04f0d694aa0.jpg

0043460938e340aae7b5bee659aab993a3d52ac77e773f8e6eca24b2d24b794056c2a65e.jpg

And one more thing can you tell me the bandwidth usage is of one single day or the complete month by looking at the images.

PowerUpHosting-Udit

Verified Provider
Honestly, AWS prices would rip you off big time, it won't be worth it because the kind of performance you will receive would be similar. I would rather advise you to look for a Dedicated Server, but if you still want to stick with a Cloud Platform then there are better and cheaper ones available in the market. SingleHop, DigitalOcean, Linode, Rackspace, Softlayer just to name few. DO and Linode is where I would recommend you to look for.

amuck-landowner