amuck-landowner

FCC filing confirms Raspberry Pi 3 with Wifi and Bluetooth

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Still no SATA port which I think would be awesome and much needed... maybe in a future revision... Still though, always glad to see new ARM devices for tinkering.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Single chip wireless.  I'd expect wifi + bluetooth on this.  That's nice as I can run things cableless then without a wifi dongle.  

Unsure how it will compare with other solutions on power use (one of my main concerns with ARM).

Raspberry Pi rocks cause of the community and tutorials.  The boards, meh.  I think they should have bumped things up a bit more than this on specs.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Yup, community is great but Wifi and BT can easily be added. Not something I had on my wishlist. If I need that mobile small Wifi form factor I go for the Cortex M modules.

USB 3 or M-Sata would have been a nice addon.

bizzard

A SATA, USB 3 or Gigabit port would have been better addition. Could always add wifi with a USB dongle.

Right now connecting a HDD to my Pi using USB to SATA converter and it seems slow on read.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
A SATA, USB 3 or Gigabit port would have been better addition. Could always add wifi with a USB dongle.

Right now connecting a HDD to my Pi using USB to SATA converter and it seems slow on read.

Everything IO is slow on the Pi's :) 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Specs are confusing for the Pi 3.  The chip may or may not be 64 bit.

The wireless package includes both Bluetooth 4.0 and b/g/n wifi.

amuck-landowner