amuck-landowner

Improving VPSBoard Discussions Right Panel

Hxxx

Hello Community,

Speaking for myself , I usually check the forum 1 or 2 times a week. I've been noticing that recently the panel located to the right called "VPSBoard Discussions" is being filled with random offers. While profit is an important part in maintaining a proper community, I think that for such a low activity forum filling that panel with offers is a problem. It causes members like me to not see the actual interesting content and since we have almost completely that right side bar full of random hosting ads, how about if we just maintain at least that little vsboard discussion panel clean without ads, just the real content, what matters. Otherwise one has to click the Discover Content at the top which I do but is not as useful as that little right panel. Just my 2 cents. 

Feel free to share your opinion.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
That's a fair assessment.  

Originally we had it set to not have offer threads to get in the Discussions Sidebar.  It seems a new IPB update changed configurations... again. 

Anyways I put the new configuration in.  For the future wise it shouldn't do it.  I'll try to keep an eye on it for the future.

Thanks for the heads up man ;) appreciate it! 

Edit: Huh seems it didn't work.  I'll take another crack at it later when I have more time.  Thanks man! 

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner