amuck-landowner

LE* Pit

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Howdy folks.   Glad to finally make it over to this little corner of the web.

Been lurking on Lowendtalk for a while.  Total crap heap that site is.  The provider arguing, random censorship, same stupid conversations (can you recommend a VPS in some illegal location for most of the world population?).

If you are discussing things via private messages over there, good luck, it isn't private.

If you believe it is a fair market place, think again.  Place is totally skewed towards on provider and shell companies it controls and kids dumb enough to jump in bed with such a harlot.

Lets build this site up and do so at the disadvantage of Lowendtalk.  At least we know who owns/operates this site, unlike Lowendtalk :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It's certainly been on the downward slope, and unfortunately there have been too many shady events that can't help make you believe something sketchy is going on.

I mean, it's a website and the owners (whoever that is now) can do what they want with it. But I do believe it'll lose value as the unrest increases and the content sinks down hill. People won't want to participate in that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Has it been confirmed that Joel the kite sailing fool has lifted anchor and offloaded the site?  Know the hosting company of the site was all mixed up in the money - with the ad account going to their employee, oddly.

Seems really odd that the big mouth provider in Buffalo who sells the Chicago brand comments on a tanked thread and it suddenly springs back to page 1 from about page 2-3.

Nick

Has it been confirmed that Joel the kite sailing fool has lifted anchor and offloaded the site?  Know the hosting company of the site was all mixed up in the money - with the ad account going to their employee, oddly.

Seems really odd that the big mouth provider in Buffalo who sells the Chicago brand comments on a tanked thread and it suddenly springs back to page 1 from about page 2-3.
Several reliable sources have confirmed this to me however I haven't 'seen' any proof from it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nice!  Time for someone to bring the "proof" on the site handover/sale.

Anyone made sense of the change to new accounts and various new people that seem to just appear on the site?

The URPad bogus review trifecta thread comes to mind.   Bunches of other weird account approvals in past month or two.

Nick

Nice!  Time for someone to bring the "proof" on the site handover/sale.

Anyone made sense of the change to new accounts and various new people that seem to just appear on the site?

The URPad bogus review trifecta thread comes to mind.   Bunches of other weird account approvals in past month or two.
Well, as many know the money from the LET/LEB ads go to Alex from ColoCrossing.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I remember the Alex scandal Nick.   I call that a shamelesshost :(  Fail to see how colocrossing justifies taking in all the ad dollars.  I mean they host the site at most on a $100-200 dedicated server.  Makes no sense unless they've owned the site for much longer than the community realizes.

Bless whoever found the Alex link via the ad network.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I don't see the problem with the LowEndNetwork/ColoCrossing connections, I really don't.

I mean, heck, if the site was hosted on ShoveHost and I got the ad money, there would be conspiracies about me too...

But, I do take issue with the out of control raging angry people. Am I on my best behavior there? No, and I need to work on that, but it's a crazy place.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, just one persons opinion here @Shovenose.   The LEN + CC, if they are/have been one in the same, that is problematic.  Why?  Because they go out of their way to cover up such.  The ad account comes to mind :)  Look at who is on worst behavior and who gets banned for saying what.   Certainly skewed towards CC.

A for instance is when the big mouth via Chicago spouted off and was banned and his teenage sidekick with a concocted name started posting.  Click and clack.

But the big deal is just fairness.  If you control / own LET/LEB then you have log ins, IP information, private messages, etc.  Plus you can plug/uplift front companies and resellers of your products.

Do you trust a guy like CVPS_CHRIS having that info and knowledge?

shovenose

Verified Provider
Yes, I do trust him. In fact, I get servers from him (ColoCrossing, through ChicagoVPS)... surely somebody who can run a company can be trusted with a forum?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Facepalm shovenose.  Glad to see you over here.

Since you are eating from the poisoned tree let me ask you something - I've long wanted to ask the army of companies selling out of those locations you mention:

"What value add do you or your company bring to the table as a provider in those locations?  I mean, you use their hardware, their network, their hands to do everything."

That's while they compete with you, with their brands most of which are interested in driving the prices down even more (undercutting).

Not exactly how normal businesses operate (competing with their customers).

TheLinuxBug

ROFL. Shovenose....... really?  You must have a bunch of cheap server from them or something.  All I will say is, if CC doesn't own LEB/LET then the staff there sure allows it to look that way.  Creating users which are approved by their own special admin accounts instead of the moderators, Chief is never there to do anything at all productive.  Either Chief gave up on LET, Doesn't care at all about LET, or he was just a puppet put in place to make it look like CC doesn't own the whole thing.  Anyway you slice it.... still smells fishy.

Cheers! 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
[14:13:29] Dilt says:

HAHAHAHA

[14:13:34] Dilt says:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/

[14:13:48] Dilt says:

Someone got in and made everyone an admin.

[14:14:03] Dilt says:

It just got closed down like a minute ago

I figured I got banned or something

Francisco

TheLinuxBug

Um, someone hacked LET and made all users Administrator.  I clicked a link and magically ended up in the administrator panel. How sad is it that the thank you button only takes 1 click to turn on.  Fun times.

amuck-landowner