• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

ColoCrossing threatens to sue vpsBoard

58 posts in this topic

To my surprise, I notice a email in my inbox today from none other than a "Gregory Clark" of Colocrossing threatening to sue vpsBoard for 'libel' in regards to a user made review of one of their companies, HudsonValleyHost.

As you can imagine, this came as a bit of shock to me as vpsBoard itself does not publish reviews and instead is simply a platform and outlet for end users to publish their experiences with companies if they do wish to do so. Furthermore the letter was addressed to me personally, as the owner of vpsBoard, accusing myself personally of libel instead of requesting information about the end-user who supposedly committed the libel.

hsA5Dbp.png?1

The thread in question that they don't want you to see was published in 2014 which can be read in full detail here:

As always, vpsBoard has been an open platform in which users can share their experience and providers can, and are encouraged, to respond and share their side of the story as well. There have been many examples of complaints and issues being resolved using this platform and their failure to engage or resolve the issue with the end user who wrote the review is on them, not me. They make the claim that I allow this knowing it to be 'factually untrue'. This is indeed false. Based on a wide selection of reviews made on this company and others under the parent company's control during this time period, on vpsBoard and other similar sites, it would not be unreasonable to believe that the words written are true. The burden of proving the readers that the review is factual, exaggerated, or completely false is not on me. The timeline of events are known only by those who had direct experience with the situation outlined in the above thread which would be the original poster and any number of staff that worked for ColoCrossing or Hudson Valley Host at the time.

I wonder if iNet / WebHostingTalk was served the same letter for the same thread made there, which can be read in full here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342625 This is a thread that WebHostingTalk temporarily "Featured", and interestingly enough the same thread was made on LowEndTalk itself right here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/20550/colocrossing-hudson-valley-host-where-is-my-refund/p1 and as you'll see, it's still up.

So this poses the question, why is Colocrossing picking on vpsBoard? Was it a funny game for them to send me a threatening legal letter on my birthday? (The letter was drafted on the 24th, original email that I overlooked was sent on the 25th) What are their true intentions?

And here I was, thinking that the hatchet had been buried after years of petty little back and forths.

6 people like this

Sounds like Gregory needs introduced properly.  Welcome to hell buddy.  I'll be your tour guide and if you don't appreciate the trip, I might go back to regularly posting the myriad of dirty dealings again about your family business and cohorts.   I've gone nice and quiet for a long time (since August 2014 when Biloh asked if I'd let you lads breath for a few months), but appears you guys need some attention.

To start with this isn't a fucking blog Mrs. Linda Clarks relative.  Where did you come from?  Some other industry apparently.

Merriam Webster defines blog as:

Full Definition of blog

1. :  a Web site that contains online personal reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also :  the contents of such a site

See it says personal and writer... That's a single lonely person babbling in their modern version of a journal.   This is is a forum, a public one at that.  Completely different monster.

The post that you are having a hissy fit over is this one:

What's wrong there?  Your cohort and boss and relative Jon Biloh gave the customer the shitty experience.  Refused to refund the guys money after long delay and non delivery.  To top it off, the guy bought from HVH but then got billed by ColoCrossing.   Now this was at a time that I knew the two were running a shell game, however it was not public information.  It became public information during this incident and narrowly both of your shells somehow  avoided a much deserved WHT ban for violating rules.

Running a piece of garbage company that sits on peoples money and doesn't deliver, that's your issue and factual.  Whether it has changed, I can't say, but I doubt it. 

Whole incident was entirely avoidable... Had your crew not bashed the customer in public via Lowendtalk also.  More of using that asset to wage subtle warfare of naysayers and disgruntled.... That my new found friend is why that thread went viral, went on here, went up on WHT.   Because your team played asshole games and abused the customer.

Here's the sweet irony, this customer was told to NOT be refunded by Lord Biloh.  That's his tight wad behavior.   I know this as a fact.  The right to refund or issue such didn't exist until after this incident, it was Biloh's call and purse noose.

Sorry that in your sales process people are seeing these things.  This one is downright factual.  Shame.  They see plenty on other companies over at Lowendtalk and Lowendbox.   Want to go down that rabbit hole?  How many companies have been ruined due to moderation, comments, etc. on LE* over the years?   Hundreds?

I know why Greg has a problem with the above thread:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hudsonvalleyhost

#2 =

ColoCrossing & Hudson Valley Host are dishonest, unethical, and ...
https://vpsboard.com/.../3369-colocrossing-38-hudson-valley-host-are-dishonest-unet...
Jan 27, 2014 - And supposedly, complaint threads regarding Hudson Valley Host and ColoCrossing on webhostingtalk forum also dissappear "mysteriously".

=========================

ANYONE SEARCHING IN GOOGLE FOR HUDSONVALLEYHOST IS GREETED BY THE ABOVE. ONLY SECOND TO THEIR OWN SITE.

4 people like this

While Greg is at it,

#3 and #4 are also damning to Hudsonvalleyhost brand image:

My nightmare experience with Hudson Valley Host | Web Hosting Talk
www.webhostingtalk.com  Web Hosting Main Forums  Dedicated Server
Sep 11, 2015 - My nightmare experience with Hudson Valley Host - Hi, Hope others will benefit from this post. Hudson Valley Host (HVH) has very good ...

Colocrossing/Hudson Valley Host on Spamhaus block list | Web ...
www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1387328
Jun 23, 2014 - Colocrossing/Hudson Valley Host on Spamhaus block list - I have a managed VPS with Hudson Valley Host. I just had a client inform me that .

WHT should receive some love letters too...

Peace out!

Spoiler

WHITE-GOLD-1.jpg?image_id=34057&k=58bf&w

I love how ColoCrossing runs their websites.  

Said no-one ever. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, drmike said:

This probably keeps them stirring at night too:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hudsonvalleyhost+review

The second result listed is a negative review published on HudsonValleyHost's parent company's own website, LowEndTalk ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/52647/hudsonvalleyhost-com-very-bad-experience-buyers-be-aware ). Surprised they are asking me to remove one from this site, when they themselves have not or will not do the same on their own. ;)

1 person likes this

You dun fucked up MannDude, he's the Director of Contracts.

How dare you accuse a Director of Contracts of not being able to tell the difference between a blog and a public forum.

/s

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Kalam said:

You dun fucked up MannDude, he's the Director of Contracts.

How dare you accuse a Director of Contracts of not being able to tell the difference between a blog and a public forum.

/s

Mann didn't do that, I did :)

1 minute ago, drmike said:

Mann didn't do that, I did :)

I know. Apparently that was a bad attempt of making a meta joke (accusing MannDude of doing something he didn't).

@Kalam Hahaha :) I see what you did there.

These CC guys, so sad.  

I wonder how much they claim negative (albeit it truthful and well placing content) costs them a year?

Edited by drmike

I notice a email in my inbox today from none other than a "Gregory Clark" of Colocrossing threatening to sue vpsBoard for 'libel' 

1. somebody needs to clue him in to the concept of ISP immunity and user contributed content as it applies to forums...47 U.S. Code § 230

2. Review published January 27 2014 and he waits 2 1/2 years to threaten a libel suit? Sorry buddy, but the statute of limitations for defamation in Indiana, where you would need to bring the suit is 2 years.  The statute of limitations in Indiana is slightly different than other states  in that it begins when the plaintiff becomes aware of the allegedly defamatory statements (rather than the date of publication) but as I recall similar statements were posted by the author of that thread on both WHT and LET and ColoCrossing employee(s) took part in those threads and responded to statements made by the author of that thread so it would be safe to assume that they (Velocity Servers Inc) were aware of the allegedly libelous statements 2 1/2 years ago in January 2014.

3. Why did an employee (who is not a lawyer) of Velocity Servers Inc send this cease and desist letter? Normally it would be sent by the corporation's legal counsel.

4. OC Spray MannDude will be receiving a letter from my attorneys for falsely advertising this blog as a forum to prospective users.  I have suffered irreparable harm as a result of his false advertising. I never would have joined VPSB if I had known it was a blog...I'm allergic to posting blog comments. FYI, the statute of limitations for written contracts (contract = that TOS I agreed to when I joined buddy!!!) in Indiana is  10 years.  

2 people like this

@MannDude please submit Gregory Clark's lovely C&D letter to Lumen (formerly known as ChillingEffects) so it can be published: https://lumendatabase.org/notices/new  (for anyone unfamiliar with Lumen/Chilling Effects, one of the site's partners is EFF.  My company has submitted many C&D letters that we've received to their database)

2 people like this

5 hours ago, DomainBop said:

@MannDude please submit Gregory Clark's lovely C&D letter to Lumen (formerly known as ChillingEffects) so it can be published: https://lumendatabase.org/notices/new  (for anyone unfamiliar with Lumen/Chilling Effects, one of the site's partners is EFF.  My company has submitted many C&D letters that we've received to their database)

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

That sure was kind of him to toss some fuel on the fire that created this place. It's been a little dead lately. Even I logged in to offer a "lol" at Gregory.

8 people like this

LOL! So a company whose business model thrives from fraud and spam and seems to purposely market toward those looking to do that, is threatening to sue over a post saying that they did that? Such irony..

4 people like this

Just gonna leave this here...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

5 people like this

Maybe I'll sue them for the spam that comes out of their network at me all the time causing great mental distress?

10 people like this

• Similar Content

• By drmike
      Let's talk about the problem with ColoCrossing engaging in fake reviews to increase the reputation of their company in search.
      URL:  https://www.google.com/search?q=colocrossing

25 Google Reviews.  4.0 out of possible 5.0 score. 

What do we find?
      A pile of shills.  A bunch of reviews that are not reviews but Biloh telling his partners, friends and employees/contractors to review favorably.

#1 = Iranian owner and long term Iran peering on CC's network.  Sindad 
      See: https://www.facebook.com/Sindad.Co/
      Morteza Soltani in the last week I have been using Colocrossing for a 5 years and can tell you that their service is the highest quality. The costumer service is very quick to answer any questions or problems you might have.  I will recommend them to anyone who is looking for a reliable colocation service. #2 = Sepehr Safadar another most likely Iranian
      Sepehr Safadar a week ago Have been working with ColoCrossing for four years and it has proven to be a reliable company with high quality and stable services and knowledgeable and skilled team which is quite rare in today's market. #3 = CJ Sculti, 18 year old hacker and IP range hijacker.  Known lately for hijacking China range containing IP 1.3.3.7, see http:/1.3.3.7 to see what this guy is about.
      Long time mass IP blocked by Spamhaus, for spam and abuse: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/datawagon.net

Here's that 1.3.3.7 hijack IP with website on it:

CJ Sculti a week ago I've had a few racks colocated with these guys for almost a year now. They've been great! ...More
      #4 = milan pitroda, good guy, but he provides all the customer support (via outsourcing in India) for the many CC brands, including CVPS, 123Systems, BlueVM, etc.  So he's technically on CC payroll as a contractor.

milan pitroda a week ago CC have improved a lots in their infrastructure which helped to increase the speed of the server and stop spamming #5 = Good old Thomas Dale, he once worked for ColoCrossing and ChicagoVPS.  Until the UGVPS outing happened.  See: 

Thomas Dale a week ago ColoCrossing has provided numerous services to myself for personal or commercial. They have helped me with everything from single servers to full racks with fiber uplinks :). Jon B. is a 100% pleasure to work with from initial sales to ...More
      #6 Ali Hajyani, Iranian.  Visperad Networks.  See: https://www.facebook.com/A.hajyani
      Ali Hajyani a month ago #7 Luc Ayotte.  Former ChicagoVPS employee. 
      Luc Ayotte a month ago
      #8 Mike Walker.  Active ColoCrossing employee.  See: http://mattburdine.org/WhyChicagoVPSLostMyBusiness.txt
      Mike Walker a month ago This is by far the best data center facility in the Buffalo market. They are the only provider in the market that has onsite tech 24x7x365. I can call in at 3 AM and their support staff is there ready to help. They respond extremely fast to ...More #9 Danny Dahl, could this be the Danny Dahl referenced by Spamhaus, see: https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence/ROK11457/online-media-connect/main-information
      Danny Dahl a month ago Both Jon & Alex have helped me grow my business through the years tremendously. Def. recommend them to any company looking for a great reliable company that can help scale with their business. ...More
      #10 Chris Niedojadlo, we have a shrine to this guy.  Who is the 'us' he's referring to?  Would that be his companies ala Net3 or would it be Servermania?
      This guy isn't just a random customer.  Biloh hangs out with this guy in far away real life.
      See: 

Chris Niedojadlo 2 months ago ColoCrossing has been providing us with Colocation services for just over 4 years with fantastic service and uptime. We would highly recommend them to everyone needing data center services.
      #11 Jonathan Nguyen - Jonny "I LOVE SPAM" Nguyen (that is winning to you).  No need.  Everyone knows him and Biloh love spam and collaborated to provide IPs for spam use.  Search any hosting community for him or Greenvaluehost and the strings will consume the next week of your life laughing and having you spewing your beverages out of your nose in laughter.
      Jonathan Nguyen 2 months ago Have been a customer for four years. ColoCrossing is very accommodating for their customers and offer a truly premium service that can be relied upon. Management frequently makes themselves available for customers and cares about the ...More
      What did we learn?
      Of 25 reviews, 11 of them have no business ever of having been left.   11 / 25  = 44% of the reviews for ColoCrossing on Google are fraudulent. 2 are from companies in Iran on controlled do not do business with list, still, even if one pretends to be an LLC in Nevada, while leaking Iran data info in peering.  Not like other reputable companies are going to go violate US law over embargo. Many of the reviewers are involved in spam. One is from a hacker / IP hijacker ... and most importantly 4 of them are current or former ColoCrossing employee  
    • By drmike
      Today there is a mega ton of ransomware infecting going on.  Malware payloads are being pushed all over the place via ad networks and it's YUGE. 
      Ransomeware is simple, it encrypts your files and holds them hostage.  To get your data back, you pay the robbers via Bitcoin to reverse the mess.
      Article excerpt:
      The tainted ads may have exposed tens of thousands of people over the past 24 hours alone, according to a blog post published Monday by Trend Micro. The new campaign started last week when "Angler," a toolkit that sells exploits for Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, and other widely used Internet software, started pushing laced banner ads through a compromised ad network. According to a separate blog post from Trustwave's SpiderLabs group, one JSON-based file being served in the ads has more than 12,000 lines of heavily obfuscated code. When researchers deciphered the code, they discovered it enumerated a long list of security products and tools it avoided in an attempt to remain undetected. "If the code doesn't find any of these programs, it continues with the flow and appends an iframe to the body of the html that leads to Angler EK [exploit kit] landing page," SpiderLabs researchers Daniel Chechik, Simon Kenin, and Rami Kogan wrote. "Upon successful exploitation, Angler infects the poor victim with both the Bedep trojan and the TeslaCrypt ransomware–double the trouble." The ads are spreading on sites including answers.com, zerohedge.com, and infolinks.com. Legitimate mainstream sites receive the malware from domain names that are associated with compromised ad networks. The most widely seen domain name in the current campaign is brentsmedia[.]com. Whois records show it was owned by an online marketer until January 1, when the address expired. It was snapped up by its current owner on March 6, a day before the malicious ad onslaught started. source: http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/big-name-sites-hit-by-rash-of-malicious-ads-spreading-crypto-ransomware/
      I saw this slop coming when Spamhaus turned up efforts on TeslaCrypt.  Ongoing issue in past week.. and look the boys in Buffalo are hosting at least two TeslaCrypt payment extortion IPs. see: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/velocity-servers.net
      Quadranet is hosting at least 5 different extortion IPs: source: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/quadranet.com
      It is recommended, for now and probably for good that you disable Flash plugin, disable SilverLight and put all other plugins on click to play or similar.
      And... folks wonder why I've long advocated Javascript off.... do dah!
    • By drmike
      Buffalo, New Jerk, leading web hosting company VSNX known by eight other family of company names including ColoCrossing announces global domination!  We own your hosting!
      Among the acquisitions in this round:

http://realoffshore.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1  "...  Realoffshore.net is part of the VSNX family of companies..."
      hostaar.com/terms/ "... Hostaar is part of the VSNX family of companies and that their statement will show “ColoCrossing” for the credit card charge..."
      https://www.bilalhost.com/privacy-policy/  "...  BilalHost Pakistan is part of the VSNX family of companies ..."
      cavpshost.com/tos.html "... CaVPS Host Valley Host reserves the right to change its policies at any time without prior notification. CaVPS Host is part of the VSNX family of companies..."
      see below for their live support being unsure of who they are... and then going silent...
      www.hostfair.net/terms.php "... HostFair is part of the VSNX family of companies and that their statement will show "ColoCrossing" for the credit card charge ..."
      http://kryptonichosting.net/billing/policies.php  "...  Kryptonic Hosting is part of the VSNX family of companies. ..."
      http://alldigitalword.com/about/ "... LowEndBox is part of the VSNX family..."
      http://hostmeek.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1 "... hostmeek is part of the VSNX family of companies. Our Mailing Address: hostmeek 8195 Sheridan Drive Buffalo, NY 14221..."
    • By DomainBop
      Spamhaus blacklisted over 131K ColoCrossing IPs this weekend for repeat offenses and Ernie Quick of Hudson Valley Host and Jon Biloh of ColoCrossing are trying to use the blacklisting as an opportunity to squeeze more money from customers for a $10 mail service add-on.  TL;DR Ernie just earned himself the title of unethical piece of lowlife shit for this attempt to squeeze more money from customers for something (ColoCrossing's long history of being a spam friendly host who rnts servers to criminals and spammers) that was not their fault.
      Customers opens a ticket about their IPs being blacklisted and this is the response they get:

Note to f*cktards Ernie Quick and Jon Biloh: FTC regulations require that your advertisements accurately describe the product that you're selling which means you need to mention in your ads that the product you're selling comes with blacklisted IP addresses...  You clowns should be offering the MailChannels relay service to customers for free as compensation for your inability to keep your IP space clean.
      TL;DR for buyers: don't pay these f*ckwads $10 for something that is entirely their fault, demand a refund because the product you received wasn't as described in the advertisements.