amuck-landowner

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
To my surprise, I notice a email in my inbox today from none other than a "Gregory Clark" of Colocrossing threatening to sue vpsBoard for 'libel' in regards to a user made review of one of their companies, HudsonValleyHost.

As you can imagine, this came as a bit of shock to me as vpsBoard itself does not publish reviews and instead is simply a platform and outlet for end users to publish their experiences with companies if they do wish to do so. Furthermore the letter was addressed to me personally, as the owner of vpsBoard, accusing myself personally of libel instead of requesting information about the end-user who supposedly committed the libel.

hsA5Dbp.png

The thread in question that they don't want you to see was published in 2014 which can be read in full detail here:

As always, vpsBoard has been an open platform in which users can share their experience and providers can, and are encouraged, to respond and share their side of the story as well. There have been many examples of complaints and issues being resolved using this platform and their failure to engage or resolve the issue with the end user who wrote the review is on them, not me. They make the claim that I allow this knowing it to be 'factually untrue'. This is indeed false. Based on a wide selection of reviews made on this company and others under the parent company's control during this time period, on vpsBoard and other similar sites, it would not be unreasonable to believe that the words written are true. The burden of proving the readers that the review is factual, exaggerated, or completely false is not on me. The timeline of events are known only by those who had direct experience with the situation outlined in the above thread which would be the original poster and any number of staff that worked for ColoCrossing or Hudson Valley Host at the time.

I wonder if iNet / WebHostingTalk was served the same letter for the same thread made there, which can be read in full here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342625 This is a thread that WebHostingTalk temporarily "Featured", and interestingly enough the same thread was made on LowEndTalk itself right here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/20550/colocrossing-hudson-valley-host-where-is-my-refund/p1 and as you'll see, it's still up.

So this poses the question, why is Colocrossing picking on vpsBoard? Was it a funny game for them to send me a threatening legal letter on my birthday? (The letter was drafted on the 24th, original email that I overlooked was sent on the 25th) What are their true intentions?

And here I was, thinking that the hatchet had been buried after years of petty little back and forths.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sounds like Gregory needs introduced properly.  Welcome to hell buddy.  I'll be your tour guide and if you don't appreciate the trip, I might go back to regularly posting the myriad of dirty dealings again about your family business and cohorts.   I've gone nice and quiet for a long time (since August 2014 when Biloh asked if I'd let you lads breath for a few months), but appears you guys need some attention.

To start with this isn't a fucking blog Mrs. Linda Clarks relative.  Where did you come from?  Some other industry apparently.

Merriam Webster defines blog as:

Full Definition of blog

1. :  a Web site that contains online personal reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also :  the contents of such a site

See it says personal and writer... That's a single lonely person babbling in their modern version of a journal.   This is is a forum, a public one at that.  Completely different monster.

The post that you are having a hissy fit over is this one:

What's wrong there?  Your cohort and boss and relative Jon Biloh gave the customer the shitty experience.  Refused to refund the guys money after long delay and non delivery.  To top it off, the guy bought from HVH but then got billed by ColoCrossing.   Now this was at a time that I knew the two were running a shell game, however it was not public information.  It became public information during this incident and narrowly both of your shells somehow  avoided a much deserved WHT ban for violating rules.

Running a piece of garbage company that sits on peoples money and doesn't deliver, that's your issue and factual.  Whether it has changed, I can't say, but I doubt it. 

Whole incident was entirely avoidable... Had your crew not bashed the customer in public via Lowendtalk also.  More of using that asset to wage subtle warfare of naysayers and disgruntled.... That my new found friend is why that thread went viral, went on here, went up on WHT.   Because your team played asshole games and abused the customer.

Here's the sweet irony, this customer was told to NOT be refunded by Lord Biloh.  That's his tight wad behavior.   I know this as a fact.  The right to refund or issue such didn't exist until after this incident, it was Biloh's call and purse noose.

Sorry that in your sales process people are seeing these things.  This one is downright factual.  Shame.  They see plenty on other companies over at Lowendtalk and Lowendbox.   Want to go down that rabbit hole?  How many companies have been ruined due to moderation, comments, etc. on LE* over the years?   Hundreds?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I know why Greg has a problem with the above thread:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hudsonvalleyhost

#2 =

ColoCrossing & Hudson Valley Host are dishonest, unethical, and ...
https://vpsboard.com/.../3369-colocrossing-38-hudson-valley-host-are-dishonest-unet...
Jan 27, 2014 - And supposedly, complaint threads regarding Hudson Valley Host and ColoCrossing on webhostingtalk forum also dissappear "mysteriously".

=========================

ANYONE SEARCHING IN GOOGLE FOR HUDSONVALLEYHOST IS GREETED BY THE ABOVE. ONLY SECOND TO THEIR OWN SITE.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
While Greg is at it,

#3 and #4 are also damning to Hudsonvalleyhost brand image:

My nightmare experience with Hudson Valley Host | Web Hosting Talk
www.webhostingtalk.com  Web Hosting Main Forums  Dedicated Server
Sep 11, 2015 - My nightmare experience with Hudson Valley Host - Hi, Hope others will benefit from this post. Hudson Valley Host (HVH) has very good ...

Colocrossing/Hudson Valley Host on Spamhaus block list | Web ...
www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1387328
Jun 23, 2014 - Colocrossing/Hudson Valley Host on Spamhaus block list - I have a managed VPS with Hudson Valley Host. I just had a client inform me that .

WHT should receive some love letters too...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You dun fucked up MannDude, he's the Director of Contracts.

How dare you accuse a Director of Contracts of not being able to tell the difference between a blog and a public forum.

/s

Mann didn't do that, I did :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Kalam Hahaha :) I see what you did there.

These CC guys, so sad.  

I wonder how much they claim negative (albeit it truthful and well placing content) costs them a year?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I notice a email in my inbox today from none other than a "Gregory Clark" of Colocrossing threatening to sue vpsBoard for 'libel' 

1. somebody needs to clue him in to the concept of ISP immunity and user contributed content as it applies to forums...47 U.S. Code § 230

2. Review published January 27 2014 and he waits 2 1/2 years to threaten a libel suit? Sorry buddy, but the statute of limitations for defamation in Indiana, where you would need to bring the suit is 2 years.  The statute of limitations in Indiana is slightly different than other states  in that it begins when the plaintiff becomes aware of the allegedly defamatory statements (rather than the date of publication) but as I recall similar statements were posted by the author of that thread on both WHT and LET and ColoCrossing employee(s) took part in those threads and responded to statements made by the author of that thread so it would be safe to assume that they (Velocity Servers Inc) were aware of the allegedly libelous statements 2 1/2 years ago in January 2014.

3. Why did an employee (who is not a lawyer) of Velocity Servers Inc send this cease and desist letter? Normally it would be sent by the corporation's legal counsel.

4. OC Spray MannDude will be receiving a letter from my attorneys for falsely advertising this blog as a forum to prospective users.  I have suffered irreparable harm as a result of his false advertising. I never would have joined VPSB if I had known it was a blog...I'm allergic to posting blog comments. FYI, the statute of limitations for written contracts (contract = that TOS I agreed to when I joined buddy!!!) in Indiana is  10 years.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude please submit Gregory Clark's lovely C&D letter to Lumen (formerly known as ChillingEffects) so it can be published: https://lumendatabase.org/notices/new  (for anyone unfamiliar with Lumen/Chilling Effects, one of the site's partners is EFF.  My company has submitted many C&D letters that we've received to their database)

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
LOL! So a company whose business model thrives from fraud and spam and seems to purposely market toward those looking to do that, is threatening to sue over a post saying that they did that? Such irony..

amuck-landowner