amuck-landowner

Accounting Software

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
I'm looking to move away from QuickBooks Pro to something a bit more open, and I'd like to hear your suggestions!

Invoicing and client management are not needed, I am just looking for something to put expenses into categories and track income.

I love the bank feeds feature of QuickBooks because I do not have to type every transaction in manually. I am looking for something that can support that as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DamienSB

Verified Provider
I use quickbooks online plus. Haven't had any problems with it other than the API is awful to work with. We do billing/invoice out of WHMCS and nightly import into quickbooks.

You can use sage50 (ugly, hard to use) or GNUcash (not recommended) 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Xero would probably fit your needs: easy migration from Quickbooks, hundreds of addon integration modules (including WHMCS), etc.  Not free though.  Xero bank feeds

Wave Accounting has a free version and bank feeds support.

Open source: GnuCash, TurboCash,  FrontAccounting, xTuple Postbooks, Odoo (Accounting module add in), LedgerSMB.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
Xero would probably fit your needs: easy migration from Quickbooks, hundreds of addon integration modules (including WHMCS), etc.  Not free though.  Xero bank feeds

Wave Accounting has a free version and bank feeds support.

Open source: GnuCash, TurboCash,  FrontAccounting, xTuple Postbooks, Odoo (Accounting module add in), LedgerSMB.

I was looking at Odoo today. Very nice software, but you have to buy a min of 5 users ($1500/yr). Quite the jump from QB.

Xero looks nice, but their bank feeds seem to function in a different way, in which they need to have an agreement with your bank in order to use it. (Instead of downloading a file into QB) Still something to look into, thanks for the suggestion.

CenTex Hosting

Verified Provider
we just use quickbooks online with an integration into whmcs seems to work fine have not had any issues with it.

copperhost

Your best bet is to get a custom made solution or you can try and use Peachtree

and with any purchased software there will be limitations

QuickBooks merchandise are geared principally toward tiny and medium-sized businesses and provide on-premises accounting applications additionally as cloud based mostly versions that settle for business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.

amuck-landowner