• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InertiaNetworks-John

Backup Software

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to back up a local Windows file server to an offsite SFTP server. Specifically, I am looking for the following features:

- Not just mounting the offside server as a drive, because some viruses target network drives as well.

- Backups only sync changes, and does not have to re-upload all the contents every backup time.

- If I delete a file, I can still restore it after the next backup has ran.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

On 7/4/2016 at 3:20 PM, InertiaNetworks-John said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to back up a local Windows file server to an offsite SFTP server. Specifically, I am looking for the following features:

- Not just mounting the offside server as a drive, because some viruses target network drives as well.

- Backups only sync changes, and does not have to re-upload all the contents every backup time.

- If I delete a file, I can still restore it after the next backup has ran.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

I'm very happy with GoodSync 10.

We use CloudBacko, works with cloud drives etc.

1 person likes this

Yes CloudBacko works very well! Can also recommend it.

1 person likes this

On 7/13/2016 at 10:26 AM, qchost said:

We use CloudBacko, works with cloud drives etc.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:54 PM, SafehouseCloud said:

Yes CloudBacko works very well! Can also recommend it.

I'm currently using Duplicati, per @texteditor's recommendation. The only flaw with it is it can not run as a Windows service...

With CloudBacko, does the user have to be logged in, or does it run regardless.

The file server I have reboots every week, and Duplicati does not work unless I log in after the updates each week.

14 minutes ago, InertiaNetworks-John said:

I'm currently using Duplicati, per @texteditor's recommendation. The only flaw with it is it can not run as a Windows service...

I think you can with the command line client or something? There has also been some work done on it here, I see https://github.com/duplicati/duplicati/tree/master/Duplicati/WindowsService

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0