amuck-landowner

Backup Software

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to back up a local Windows file server to an offsite SFTP server. Specifically, I am looking for the following features:

- Not just mounting the offside server as a drive, because some viruses target network drives as well.

- Backups only sync changes, and does not have to re-upload all the contents every backup time.

- If I delete a file, I can still restore it after the next backup has ran.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

fm7

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to back up a local Windows file server to an offsite SFTP server. Specifically, I am looking for the following features:

- Not just mounting the offside server as a drive, because some viruses target network drives as well.

- Backups only sync changes, and does not have to re-upload all the contents every backup time.

- If I delete a file, I can still restore it after the next backup has ran.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

I'm very happy with GoodSync 10.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
We use CloudBacko, works with cloud drives etc.

Yes CloudBacko works very well! Can also recommend it.

I'm currently using Duplicati, per @texteditor's recommendation. The only flaw with it is it can not run as a Windows service...

With CloudBacko, does the user have to be logged in, or does it run regardless.

The file server I have reboots every week, and Duplicati does not work unless I log in after the updates each week.

Last edited by a moderator:

graeme

If you are worried about server security, and things like viruses infecting the backup, have you considered a pull backup (might be difficult with a local server) or versioning/diffs at the other end.

risharde

Not sure if this will work but GoodSync is suppose to be able to do backups to sftp etc. I use it mostly for syncing my drives but it should do the trick.

amuck-landowner