amuck-landowner

Numer of IPv6 allowed?

HostMayo-WK

I have been allotted usable 2604:4300:a:52::2/64 by my dedicated provider. How many ip v6 do I have and whats the range so I can assign those to my clients in solusvm.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
range:  2604:4300:a:52:0:0:0:0 - 2604:4300:a:52:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

/64 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IPv6 addresses

vpsrus

I have been allotted usable 2604:4300:a:52::2/64 by my dedicated provider. How many ip v6 do I have and whats the range so I can assign those to my clients in solusvm.

You can create blocks of 100 IPV6 on solusvm and you can assign to your customers VPSs also you can assign blocks /80 that is  281,474,976,710,656 addresses

HostMayo-WK

It's a bit confusing for me what will the range of ips...ipv4 are easy to understand for instance their range is 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.100 for 100 ips. How do we use ipv6. Even if you can refer me to an article explaining this will be helpful.

WSH_DNYT

Verified Provider
That is what we are testing as well right now, we created blocks of 100 in solus and are assigning it to customers ... 

works well in solusvm. AS for reading material you need to consult google, lots and lots out there but you need to find what matches for your case.

WestPlainsHosting

You might want to start with assigning only one ipv6 address per vps on sign up and then more if requested. You can still get spam/abuse complaints using ipv6 and its a lot easier to clean up a complaint on one ip address over 100's.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
You might want to start with assigning only one ipv6 address per vps on sign up and then more if requested. You can still get spam/abuse complaints using ipv6 and its a lot easier to clean up a complaint on one ip address over 100's.

I've yet to see any blacklist block only one IPv6 address when there is a spam/abuse complaint. The entire /64 generally gets blocked not just a single IPv6 address.

example: Spamhaus policy on IPv6 (Spamhaus IPv6 Blocklists Strategy Statement )

Spamhaus policy said:
IPv6 Blocklist minimum range

Based on how we view the specifications for allocation of IPv6 addresses, all Spamhaus blocklists will list IPv6 ranges no smaller than a /64.

maounique

The problem is on how solus treats rdns. Better have an external solution if you are to allow customers to set them themselves.

amuck-landowner