amuck-landowner

Advice on finding a decent reseller account

fatboy

Hey all.

Had a look through some of the offers on here and to be honest, I don't know who is any good any more so thought I would ask if anyone has an opinion on who would provide a decent service? I only want a reseller account to host my own sites, no customers under me etc.

I am currently using a VPS hosting a few sites, resource wise I am looking for:

- 5Gb Space (may go up in the future but thats a good start)

- JailSSH (at least to help me move files from the VPS, can be switched off after)

- Bandwidth for January is just under 5Gb

Would prefer to be EU based or at least East Coast USA.

Price wise - as long as its a decent reliable provider I am not so bothered on that one.

Thanks all - have a good weekend!

- 

SrsX

Banned
Why not just pick up a small VPS, or hell, go post at freevps.us a few times per month, and get a free small VPS, that should do what you need it to.

fatboy

Why not just pick up a small VPS, or hell, go post at freevps.us a few times per month, and get a free small VPS, that should do what you need it to.
I have them on a VPS at the moment but as they are only hosting the websites I would rather put them on a reseller. All the backend stuff will be kept on the few VPSes I have scattered about, saves wasting a VPS on hosting a few static (as in they don't change that much not just HTML). Makes backups a lot easier as well.

Forgot to say I would like 2 IP addresses as well as one of the sites has SSL on.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I'm going out on a limb here and suggest myself :|

can't give you ssh but I'll help as much as I can if/when you move.

Server is in Miami, not EU but still on the "right" side of The US.

Feel free to use the coupons @ http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=656

Edit: didn't read the part about more IP. Will SNI be good enough for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

BuzzzHost

My advice would be to skip the 'Reseller Account' altogether and start with a VPS and a cPanel license.

===

That way you can have way more control over your environment and better serve your clients.

We have discounted licensing for cPanel with all of our VPS plans for anyone seeking affordable hosting solutions you can trust.

===

I do understand the concept of a Reseller account but you can simply obtain a VPS for not much more if not cheaper some places and really do your own thing. Does anyone else agree?

Regards,

amuck-landowner