amuck-landowner

Android music player

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Howdy,

So, recently I have been starting to back up and archive all of my music collection and my bands work after official.fm deleted out account and like hours of audio along with it but that's a different story.

Anyhow, I have dedicated some servers for this purpose and have got a whole lot of data up. I installed ownCloud on those servers; assuming since its fairly widely used that it may have some nice integrated music players for example, the official app I bought was totally useless and ampache just didn't work for some reason.

So, are there any good android music players that support remote folders? I was thinking of an sshfs mount but not sure how Poweramp, which is my current audio player, will react to it.

Thanks!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Good topic :)  Overdue nagging need for something similar as I have lots of music / audiobooks and haven't enjoyed them much since tedious and disconnected.   Phone/tablet access would improve that.

How about a DLNA compatible front end maybe?  minidlna?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Subsonic does, last I checked.  Though instead of reading the mounted remote folder, you're basically just streaming from the box with the music.

Worth a look into though - Subsonic's pretty damn solid.

amuck-landowner