amuck-landowner

Another movie shooting

maounique

Me? I love going to the shooting range..
Me too, each time I go in vacation I surely check the local CO2 and pressured air shooting stand.

I also have a big bow, target and arrows. Frankly, I enjoy the bow more, but pistol/shotgun are more rare so more interesting.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Me too, each time I go in vacation I surely check the local CO2 and pressured air shooting stand.

I also have a big bow, target and arrows. Frankly, I enjoy the bow more, but pistol/shotgun are more rare so more interesting.
My local shooting range also has an archery range in another section of the park... I've wanted to get a little bow and go there too. It looks fun. I've only shot a bow like 5 times in my entire life and I was a kid at the time. :p

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Who is "us". Are you MannDude?
No, I'm cashing in my distant relation to the Романовы and employing the royal plural.

"Us" would be anyone sharing my sentiment and not giving a damn about race.

I've never shot anybody and don't plan to. But the first thing I'm going to do when I'm 21 is get a gun. Not because I want to shoot people but for self defense. If somebody tries to mug me again or tries anything I can just make it obvious I have a weapon. I probably would not actually shoot them unless they really came at me, but I would assume that showing I possess it would make them go away.
Bad, bad, bad idea.  A firearm is only an intimidation tactic to someone that has something to lose.  If you decide to show your sidearm to a homeless, methed-out junkie?  Well, instead of just trying to rob you now he knows he'll have to kill you if he wants another meal.  Go with a taser, or pepper spray.  Don't carry a lethal instrument for protection unless you are personally prepared to end another person's life.  The "self-defence" line never works.. not for yourself, anyways.  You will live for the rest of your life knowing that you consciously decided to kill another person.

I never did military service, but all the men in my family were in military and via the DRAFT.  Can't say most of them were right afterwards.  War is the great destroyer of men, even if you rank among those alive afterwards.
Could not agree more.

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
Michael Moore?

Bad, bad, bad idea.  A firearm is only an intimidation tactic to someone that has something to lose.  If you decide to show your sidearm to a homeless, methed-out junkie?  Well, instead of just trying to rob you now he knows he'll have to kill you if he wants another meal.  Go with a taser, or pepper spray.  Don't carry a lethal instrument for protection unless you are personally prepared to end another person's life.  The "self-defence" line never works.. not for yourself, anyways.  You will live for the rest of your life knowing that you consciously decided to kill another person.
Not to mention, is most situations it will be over before your able to actually react. If your able to react there's also a greater statistical chance you will still be harmed. You must ask yourself. Are my shoes/etc worth my life and/or his. 99% of the time the answer to that will be no.

Last edited by a moderator:

fixidixi

@Aldryic:

Me? Nope. I think there is some truth at least in the first one.

Moore is a showman but still he has a few good ideas too.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Sure, I'll be the one to say it.

The reason racism still exists, is because of people like you.  You do nothing but belittle yourself, and insult those of us that don't look at race, with such asinine accusations.
Sorry, but terms like "bad side of town" generally have not-subtle racist undertones...

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Sorry, but terms like "bad side of town" generally have not-subtle racist undertones...
I suppose it depends on who's saying it.  Language is a powerful tool, but it's also a crutch.  I can take plenty of innocent things people say and twist them racially - but unless I know someone is a racist, I tend to associate 'bad side of town' with 'not the best place to be caught after dark if you don't live there' when they use the phrase, not with any particular demographic.

Truth be told, even living in the deep south it's been a long time since I met someone that actually harbored racial prejudice.  At least here, it's a trend that seems to thankfully be fading into obscurity.

vRozenSch00n

My old man taught me how to use a heavy 1962 Swedish rifle, Kalashnikov 47 and colt 38 when I was 9, and he often said to me, "Someday you will be a man. No matter what your job then, there are some skills a man needs to learn. Use of firearms or bows and arrows to protect your family, skill to ride a horse or motorbike or drive a car so you can keep your family mobile when needed, and swimming to keep you afloat." 

Being able to use firearms doesn't mean you have to use it if you have one (firearms is forbidden for general civilian here), but the point is you have to be able to protect yourself and your family the best you can.

amuck-landowner