amuck-landowner

Billing system discussion

libro22

No vote for me too for a hosted solution. I prefer hosting them in my own server.

Please include a nice dev kit for custom modules. Will you do an owned license with free dev license business model?

The option in hostbill (custom automated tasks) where you can send an email or open a support ticket before/after X days of creation/suspension is a nice feature. I use that to follow up on new clients, upsell and send security reminders.

jhadley

Verified Provider
Hi everyone,

It's been a busy week! Plenty more functionality has been added to Billr and we're nearly ready for a very early beta.

We're inviting VPSBoard businesses to register their interest for the beta. We're looking for small businesses who aren't happy with what they've got and may, depending on their beta experience, be willing to work with us to shape Billr and give them what they need.

The service is a hosted app (though you can download a client area to host yourself if you want transparency). It normally costs

Supicioso

Just signed up for the beta. This looks very promising, the hosted option scared me a little, but it's great you have two options instead of just that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pebsie

If you can provide a payment gateway for PayPal and make it cheaper than PayPal and as pretty as BoxBilling the I'm all in.

Supicioso

So long as you don't make the entire theme dark, I'm all in. Bad eyes and such. Dark themes make me strain harder then I should, plus it gives me a headache. Any updates on when the beta will get around?

Pebsie

Last edited by a moderator:

jhadley

Verified Provider
So long as you don't make the entire theme dark, I'm all in. Bad eyes and such. Dark themes make me strain harder then I should, plus it gives me a headache. Any updates on when the beta will get around?
No, only the top menu is dark. I'm pulling out all the stops to get an early beta out on Friday.

I have switched our billing system from WHMCS to Blesta, but for $75/one time payment i'll consider it. :D
It's a hosted solution (or hybrid-hosted), so unfortunately there's no one-time option. This is to allow us to do more with the software - integration with other SaaS apps etc. The plan at the moment is to offer the beta completely free, then a lifetime discount for those continuing, then the full

amuck-landowner