Bitcoin reaches 1k for the first time

Discussion in 'The Pub (Off topic discussion)' started by GIANT_CRAB, Nov 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB New Member

May 21, 2013
  2. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    Well that's crazy!

Congrats to those who bought a bunch early and are sitting pretty with profits.   Time to unload some and take profits.

As far as replacing Federal Reserve Notes, good luck there.  That's not going to happen.  How many US States and different regulatory bodies have made formal inquiries about these?  Lots.

Homeland Security (idiots) declared the coins something terrorist the other day.  Expect more of that propping and protectionism by the US protection racket.

So, why is Bitcoin so dang high now?

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member Verified Provider

May 16, 2013
    Knew it would.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  4. notFound

notFound Don't take me seriously! Verified Provider

Apr 11, 2013
    God-damn I lost a bet. =(

5. MannDude

MannDude Just a dude vpsBoard Founder Moderator

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    It'd be easier to take the currency more serious if something cheap wasn't fractions of a BitCoin penny.

"Your total comes to $5 sir."

-- "I can give you 0.005208 BTC instead."

Congrats to those involved who are able to do something with their money. I wanted to buy into it years ago, but wasn't going to pretend I knew what I was doing. Then I didn't. Then I was going to buy into when it was like $35, but still couldn't be convinced. That week was when it went into $250~+. Meh. Started a thread recently on here inquiring more about it. Meh.

I'm no armchair economist, and I'm not going to take financial advice from them either.

Can someone explain to me why it went up so high?

6. texteditor

texteditor Premium Buffalo-based Hosting

May 19, 2013
    The same reason California was the cool place to be in 1849. Everyone wants to get rich quick, no one has done their research.

7. betatester

betatester New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    There is zero reason a 'stable' currency should spike like Bitcoin is w/o speculation.

8. MannDude

MannDude Just a dude vpsBoard Founder Moderator

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    Keep in mind Giant_Crab is a troll. He knows it's not stable and is simply having a go. Don't take anything he says seriously.

9. ComputerTrophy

ComputerTrophy New Member

Aug 2, 2013
    I regret not having purchased BTC when they were at $3. Am I the only one feeling this?

10. KS_Phillip

KS_Phillip New Member Verified Provider

May 16, 2013
    I've got a dozen or so BTC I should dump before it bursts...

drmike likes this.
  11. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    Are people really buying BitCoins at this hiked up price?  Heck, seems like a wonderful time to cash out.

InertiaNetworks-John likes this.
  12. Hannan

Hannan Member Verified Provider

Nov 20, 2013
    A friend of mine told me to get some, when it was like $60 I'm so regret that I didn't do it :/ 

13. Ree

Ree New Member

May 21, 2013
    Yeah, I wish I'd thrown $100 at it back when it was under < $10/BTC.  But let's say I bought at $3, meaning I'd be buying roughly 33 BTC, which would be worth roughly $33,000 today. 

It's still not clear to me how I'd get that money out though.  Will any exchanges wire me that amount all at once, or am I stuck withdrawing a few bucks a day for the rest of my life, hoping things don't crash before I'm able to cash out?

14. drserver

drserver New Member Verified Provider

Nov 27, 2013
    there is great possibility that everyone who invest now at this price, will lost a great amount of money in later months. Not a single investment can go up like that and constantly generating profit. My personal opinion is that now is time to sell , not to buy.

15. matt[scrdspd]

matt[scrdspd] SecuredSpeed Verified Provider

May 18, 2013
    Typically you can have it sent to your back account in one lump sum. However, depending on the exchange there may be limits based on transaction size or destination country. 

16. Kakashi

Kakashi New Member Verified Provider

Sep 30, 2013
    Sigh I get depressed whenever I read a bitcoin article, was about to plough a few thousand back at around $80 T_T

17. mitgib

mitgib New Member Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Better known as woulda coulda shoulda, or crying over spilt milk ;)

18. anttsaon

anttsaon New Member

Dec 8, 2013
    I sell vpn for bitcoin .now bitcoin rais to 1k 

haha

19. stim

stim New Member

Jun 22, 2013
  20. Peterson

Peterson New Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Not really stable, it is crazy.