amuck-landowner

Continuation of DotVPS brand - HTTP Group Proposed Take Over Cancelled

Jack

I didn't intend to imply you were, I was the one making that suggestion (mainly based off the fact they started selling under the new brand/company before the deal was done). It's the sort of thing I'd expect from some of the less professional players in the market, but not from a company that previously always seemed pretty spot-on.

I'm also curious how things got to such an advanced stage given that there were clearly big differences in your approaches; again, I would have expected a company of their stature to walk away from a deal immediately if it was clear the brand they were taking on wasn't a good fit for their business model.
I see, I didn't really understand what you were implying then.

They didn't really get to advanced stages all that had changed was site designs as many clients were asking when it was changing. HTTPZoom NEVER got access to anything server wise and had a limited account with WHMCS/SolusVM to do support issues.

That is a very good point; surely you would've evaluated what each brand envisioned as it's ideal client

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
What you are saying is that for the last 2 months 24k has not had any access to the servers or full access to WHMCS, so how have they managed the hardware and clients with such limited access?

It just all seems very suspicious that's all, to have a sale 2 months ago and to now all of sudden appear back with the old brand, making offers and such, hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
24k? Oh and Jack was still there helping out during the process, and also it wasn't a take over or complete sale as such anyway.

Jack

What you are saying is that for the last 2 months 24k HTTPGroup has not had any access to the servers or full access to WHMCS, so how have they managed the hardware and clients with such limited access?

It just all seems very suspicious that's all, to have a sale 2 months ago and to now all of sudden appear back with the old brand, making offers and such, hmmm.
HTTPGroup isn't as big as you think it's just James, like DotVPS was and still is just me, I was still there all the way through and managing the hardware and clients if you really want I'll share the logins to all the hostnodes to show its all me :) 

24k? Oh and Jack was still there helping out during the process, and also it wasn't a take over or complete sale as such anyway.
Not sure who 'notFound' is but they seem to know what went on.. who are you?

Huh?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/9545/dotvps-announcement/p1

Sounds like a complete sale to me, quote:

"And last but not least we are informing you that DotVPS' has been bought out by a much larger business that can provide us the support we need"
I was still there all the way through.

httpzoom

Verified Provider
Hey,

Sorry to step in but there is a lot of dis-information going on in this thread.

Firstly HTTP Group is not just myself (James). If anyone wants details they can PM myself.

As Jack has stated the direction that HTTP Group wanted to take DotVPS was at odds with the old management.

Te stepped in at a very difficult time for DotVPS shortly after we made an initial agreement things got much better. The purchase no longer made sense, the whole process was never managed in the way we would have liked or on a schedule that was best for customers.

Jack was staying with the business and was still going to be the driving force behind the brand and therefore absolutely nothing has changed within the business. HTTP Group at no point had access to the servers, the only real changes implemented was around dealing with the UK datacentre and again this was minimal.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
@httpzoom

Thank you for your imput.

@httpzoom/Jack

Looks like a premature announcement to me.

Jack

Hey,

Sorry to step in but there is a lot of dis-information going on in this thread.

Firstly HTTP Group is not just myself (James). If anyone wants details they can PM myself.

As Jack has stated the direction that HTTP Group wanted to take DotVPS was at odds with the old management.

Te stepped in at a very difficult time for DotVPS shortly after we made an initial agreement things got much better. The purchase no longer made sense, the whole process was never managed in the way we would have liked or on a schedule that was best for customers.

Jack was staying with the business and was still going to be the driving force behind the brand and therefore absolutely nothing has changed within the business. HTTP Group at no point had access to the servers, the only real changes implemented was around dealing with the UK datacentre and again this was minimal.
I wouldn't say a lot of dis-information.

I have only ever spoken to yourself and you've never mentioned anyone else involved therefore I assumed it was just yourself.

Other parts are correct.

amuck-landowner