amuck-landowner

Control Panels

CentralHosts

Verified Provider
We have been using Cpanel for years and really enjoy it, test Cpanel and Plesk out yourself and see which meets your needs. 

MeanServers

Verified Provider
I honestly can't believe DirectAdmin doesn't get more love. It easy to use, it's fast, and has just as many features as cPanel does. Kind of disappointing since it's been around for years now too.

RTGHM

This is a question for small to medium VPS providers. Which control panel would you use, while keeping the costs as low as possible. 

Cpanel??

plesk???

Im offering plans at the £3,£5,£10,£30 price point, but down want to push costs up!! But to stay competitive i think you need a good control panel...

What do you think?
Could do what I did for my company, bought a VPS for a year, and have enough cash in my account balance to pay for the small cPanel/WHMCS fee I encounter totaling about $22 a month

winnervps

Verified Provider
Well I'm going to add this here because a lot of you all say cPanel: http://files.rack911labs.com/whitepapers/RACK911_Labs_-_Year_In_Review-2013.pdf From a security expert's view.

Cpanel takes a month to fix a security issue... Now that's what I call a good control panel  :popcorn:
/omg...........speechless ;)

But nothing to say at the moment, since we have no choice, no competitor other than Cpanel, right?

We do have virtualmin or plesk or named it, but it couldn't be compare to Cpanel.........so we should have wait wait wait and be patient until the one showed up ;) who knows it when and what? I wish it would be a surprised and soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:

d2d4j

Hi

Sorry hit wrong button

There is interworx which we use interworx.com

I believe this is a real contender, easy to use, has one of the fastest install times, variant licence types, and has been stable on our production servers since 2012.

The IW support is awesome as well

I know licensecart sells interworx licences as well.

To those who know me, they could say I'm biased, as I mod on IW forum

Many thanks

John

Licensecart

Hi Sorry hit wrong button There is interworx which we use interworx.com I believe this is a real contender, easy to use, has one of the fastest install times, variant licence types, and has been stable on our production servers since 2012. The IW support is awesome as well I know licensecart sells interworx licences as well. To those who know me, they could say I'm biased, as I mod on IW forum Many thanks John
Hey John :) Not biased good experience and experts say they take issues seriously.

/omg...........speechless ;)

But nothing to say at the moment, since we have no choice, no competitor other than Cpanel, right?

We do have virtualmin or plesk or named it, but it couldn't be compare to Cpanel.........so we should have wait wait wait and be patient until the one showed up ;) who knows it when and what? I wish it would be a surprised and soon :)
There's InterWorx as John said, there's even DirectAdmin (some love that even though I don't as it's bare, but they have improved it).

winnervps

Verified Provider
I heard a lot of good things for Webuzo and VestaCP (especially webuzo with its nginx combination).

I think they are suitable for 'lowend' market as they are Free (very low price). Anyone have tried them?

Last edited by a moderator:

GS-Dylan

I always run cPanel on any server serving web pages, its simply the best and easiest to use for managing those types of servers. If however I don't plan on running an websites on it I typically don't use cPanel as it uses resources I could otherwise use and prefer just using SSH and bash for management. I haven't managed a windows server with a panel always strictly through RDP.

Criot

Verified Provider
cPanel is probably one of the most popular but there are certainly other alternatives such as InterWorx which seems to have become slightly more popular as of recently.

haloelite3

I would recommend Cpanel due to how clean and great it is to use due to its simple but effective interface which alot of people like.

However the cost of the license is sometimes an issue and can really effect the prices of your offers and deals.

amuck-landowner