amuck-landowner

Crissic booting old customers

willie

I just got an email from Crissic (now part of Quadranet) that old services will be discontinued (i.e. the IP grab reaches its endgame).  Services won't be terminated early but won't be renewable past expiration.  I assume this was a mass mailing that everyone got at once.  My Crissic VPS expires in about 2 weeks, which in my case happens to be long enough that I can migrate without drama, but it's crappy to not give at least 30 days notice for something like that.  I didn't hear anything from them earlier.  Meh.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'm sure you could possibly talk with them and ask them for a small extension (if it's possible for them) while moving out.  However, yep seems it's come to an end.  I guess I'm just glad I never touched Crissic. 

willie

I think I did ok except for this short notice eviction, which was tacky.  100GB disk and 512MB ram for $15/year was really quite good when I got it 2 or 3 years ago.  Now there are cheaper storage servers around so I can migrate the files at lower $/GB than I was paying there.  Performance of the vps was pretty good til fairly recently, and I used it mostly for storage anyway.  I knew it was coming up for renewal and I had planned to renew it again, but that itself was kind of a wobbler, so I can manage without it.

The email they sent out was also tacky, lame spin about how they had switched to a more upscale service model at customer request, but the meaning was clear.

Added: LET thread, someone there is getting booted with 2 days notice.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/89834/crissic-shoots-self-in-foot

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

They've run these services into the ground, so it's not a surprise that they're now discontinuing them.

I've been given plenty of notice, but I feel for that guy who got 2 days' notice. That's taking the piss, and really bad customer service.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
It's not surprising they're terminating low paying customers.  They need each and every one of those IPs for their much more lucrative target customer base: SPAMMERS and ABUSERS.  Their dirty network is consistently ranked in the top 10 in SPAM volume on SenderBase and they're ranked #2 for domains sending SPAM (101) , Spamhaus just blacklisted an entire /20 for spamming today, CleanTalk shows 38,000 of their IPs engaged in comment spamming/brute forcing/etc (and the graph on this page shows a sharp increase in this activity over the past 4 months) 

It hasn't been mentioned in any of the above posts yet, but see the section in bold type below in the email they sent out yesterday: IP ADDRESS CHANGES FOR MANY EXISTING CRISSIC CUSTOMERS WITH ONE DAY NOTICE

TL;DR dirty network and shit company, former Crissic customers should look at this event as a golden opportunity to move to a better provider that doesn't cater to criminals and that doesn't shit on their customers (and that doesn't hire CVPS's sloppy seconds...)

** IMPORTANT EMAIL NOTICE ** Please read this email in its entirety and let us know if you have any questions! (Relevant information that pertains to active Crissic services)

Based upon market driving-forces and an abundance of client feedback, Crissic has been refocusing service offerings towards providing an upscale user-experience and managed services. With the completion of our initial planning phase, Crissic is now ready to move forward with this product offering at full force.

What does this mean to you?

Due to service and infrastructure improvements being implemented, the following current service types will no longer be available (or renewed) after their respective service expiration dates:

Quarterly (3 month pre-payments)

Semi-annually (6 month pre-payments)

Annually (1 year pre-payments)

Biannually (2 year prepayments)

Triannually (3 year prepayments)

The following information is important to any clients that have any of the above services:

Current services will continue to remain active until the present period’s service expiration date (** No services will be interrupted prematurely **). Upon the expiration of the existing service term, services will be discontinued and affected VM’s will be taken offline. Please plan accordingly and contact us prior to service expiration if you have any questions.

Clients who are presently on one of the above deprecated service offerings who are interested in retaining services with us are advised to speak with our sales department prior to the expiration of services so that we may discuss your requirements and find the best fit for you based upon our managed monthly services that we will continue to offer.

Clients who pay with PayPal subscriptions: Please be sure to log into your PayPal account and cancel any payment subscriptions you may have set up with Crissic. Any received payments from non-canceled subscriptions will be applied to your account as service credits, which can be utilized for future managed hosting services, or refunded upon request. (Special note, please be aware that renewal of an active PayPal subscription for a discontinued service type will not be considered a renewal of services - any of the above affected services will be discontinued on the existing term’s expiration date and services will be discontinued (affected VM’s will be taken offline).

IP Address Re-Numbering (applies to some customers):

In order to complete our implementation phase, infrastructure will be further integrated into our premium network. While we have delayed and withheld any changes to IPv4 addressing since the Crissic acquisition, it is now necessary that IPv4 resources are restructured.

What does this mean to you?

Starting 8/18/16, some clients may receive a change of IPv4 address. If your IPv4 address requires renumbering, you will receive an email from Crissic’s Support Staff notifying you of your new IPv4 addresses.

We do value any feedback and sincerely appreciate your business; please contact us with any questions you may have.

--

Thank You,

Crissic Solutions

Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Server Solutions

[LINK REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

And now...

Dear [                    ] (-),

** IMPORTANT NOTICE **

It is with a heavy heart and after considerable deliberation that we are officially and permanently discontinuing the Crissic brand and all Crissic services.

On December 4, 2016 (30 days after this notice is being sent), all Crissic services and servers will be taken offline and decommissioned.

** Effective immediately, we will be discontinuing and will no longer be able to provide technical support for this brand. **

While we have delayed this decision for a significant period of time, we are no longer able to continue offering these services and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

If you currently have an active service with Crissic, please submit a prorated refund request by December 4, 2016 in order to receive a prorated refund of services. Clients who wish to be migrated to a fully-managed dedicated server should speak with our sales department and we will be able to migrate your data for you. Any eligible pro-rated portion of payment can be applied towards such services as an account credit.

For clients that do not wish to transfer services to a managed dedicated server environment, please utilize this time to retrieve any important data and make any necessary provisions.

** Please again, be advised of the following timeframe: **

11/4/16 (Today):

*   Notification has been provided that the Crissic brand is being retired.

*   Technical support for Crissic services are no longer being provided.

*   Eligible Crissic clients should contact our billing department by ticketing system (https://my.crissic.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2 )  to request and receive any eligible pro-rated refund.

*   Crissic clients who would like to be transferred to a managed dedicated server environment should contact our sales department by opening a ticket ( https://my.crissic.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1 ) so that they may provide you with options and coordinate migration of your data.

*   Clients who will not be continuing services (clients who will not be or are not interested in moving to a managed dedicated server) are requested to retrieve their content from their active Crissic services. Servers providing access to data will be taken offline permanently on 12/4/16.

12/4/16 - 12:01AM PST (30 days from now)

*   All Crissic services and servers will be taken offline permanently

*   All data that remains on servers that have been taken offline will be permanently removed for client data privacy. Please note and make arrangements to remove data prior to this deadline. We are unable to provide access to any data after this deadline.

*   The Crissic brand will be permanently retired.

We are sad to see this brand close and we are very grateful to all the clients we’ve had the privilege of serving.

Please contact us if you have any questions, we sincerely appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Crissic Solutions
Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Server Solutions

amuck-landowner