amuck-landowner

Custom Solus theme, does it make a difference?

bbb

What's wrong with adding a bit of fLare to your post? I love me some lInux sErvers. wIndows is my favorite though. <_<
_ _____ ___ _____ ____ _ _ _____
/ \__ _| ____|___ / _ \ _ __ ___ | ____| | _ \ ___ / \ | |__ /
/ _ \ \ /\ / / _| / __| | | | '_ ` _ \| _| | | | |/ _ \ / _ \ | | / /
/ ___ \ V V /| |___\__ \ |_| | | | | | | |___ | |_| | __// ___ \| |/ /_
/_/ \_\_/\_/ |_____|___/\___/|_| |_| |_|_____| |____/ \___/_/ \_\_/____|

(I actually liked TinyKVM's use of ASCII art on the site.)

serverian

Verified Provider
Little things make big differences. It helps hosts stand out from one another and shows that they're willing to put extra effort in, even if it's just for aesthetics. I know that Iniz and Backupsy have custom SolusVM themes and I think they're fantastic. It's a little upsetting that some hosts don't even bother to change the banner.

Typos, broken links, overused templates (and templates in general), badly-scaled images, etc. aren't deal-breakers, but they're certainly on my mind when I'm considering purchasing from a new provider. I'd be much more attracted to RAM Host, than, say, FlipHost, simply because they don't use some template (their site could use a make-over, though).

Also, regarding the aforementioned company: is it Fliphost, Fliphost.net, FlipHost, or something else? They use several variations on their site -- it looks awful and that, combined with the use of a crappy template, makes me think that they're not worth my time. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Another example would be this post. I mean, uBuntu? Seriously? Do you even proof-read your posts? (I don't, but I'm not a provider -- I can get away with it!) Not to mention the lack of proper bullet points and such... We have fancy formatting options for a reason.
We don't use SolusVM :)

AlexBarakov

Verified Provider
Personally I don't find it necesary for a provider to have a custom theme for solusvm. If it was a custom panel, than we're talking ;)

amuck-landowner