XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Any interest in any of these servers

(1) Dell 2950: 2 x 3.0Ghz DC, 8GB RAM, 4 x 73GB 15K SAS, DVD - $200

(1) Dell 2950: 2 x 3.0Ghz DC, 8GB RAM, 4 x 146GB 15K SAS, DVD - $220

(1) Dell 2950: 2 x 2.66Ghz QC, 16GB RAM, 2 x 146GB 15K SAS, DVD - $250

(1) Dell R905: 4 x 2.7Ghz QC, 32GB RAM, 2 x 450GB 15K SAS, DVD - $600

A friend of mine has them. Prices negotiable. Let me know.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Revisions 2 and 3. The only thing I'm making off of these is what I'm gonna charge to pack them up. Since I can't move around that well, I have to get others to do it for me... These things are like I'm gonna guess 50lbs or so? I roughly estimated that the price to ship would be around $63-$70 using FedEx Ground.

There is no OS installed on these and all have the PERC 5/i RAID controller installed. 

Anyone have any suggestions on ways to ship these things?

Need more testing done? Let me know. Need an OS installed? Can do that to. Need more drives? Can add those in for a fee. Want more memory? Likely have a lot to spare.

I also have to 2 Dell 1950's with 8gb ram each and Dual 3.33ghz Dual Core CPU's with 2x73gb SAS drives. We have two more Dell 2950's and a bunch of Dell 1850 and 2850 servers with varying configs. Have a few 4U servers as well. Some QLogic QLE2462 PCI-E Fiber Channel cards.

Will be adding pictures soon. I couldn't stay there too long today but I did pick up 3 of the servers. 

Munzy

Where are the servers currently, many people like to just leave them where they are at. :)

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
They're in a warehouse right now, and some are at my house. They were pulled from a bunch of different places. Mainly businesses and government contracts. They're all wiped, cleaned, tested and ready to go to their new owners. Many of them were basically file servers. For example, The Department of Labor for the State of Louisiana had several of them. Most were used for backups and some were used as network storage for contracts and so forth. Windows was installed on them, Server 2008 R2 but have since been wiped. The guy that got them is a Consultant and Network Engineer who works with the State and other local, bigger businesses and builds them new setups. When I say there are atleast 50-100 servers in total, there are that many.

I've been doing a stress test on one of the servers here and I've yet to notice any issues. No heating issues or anything. These things still have YEARS of use left in them. I would consider hosting them at a local datacenter, which is in New Orleans, LA, but that's too far and I need a lot more to justify the $800/month for a rack. To be frank, I just don't have the money to buy more right this moment. I know these things are awesome and worth it to anyone who wants to run some decent things on them. We have one 32gb setup that's running VMWare and for 3 hours I've been trying to KILL it, but can't. No lag or anything and the other 16gb one, well, it's not showing any issues from the stress test..

These servers all have DRAC as well, didn't mention that previously, sorry.

Munzy, where are you located? I'm only charging advertised shipping rates and no markup, or if you have an account with FedEx, UPS or any other shipper, we can use your account and you get your discounts :)

Munzy

Personally Id probably ship to fiberhb, but I already have 5 colo servers, not really sure if I exactly need another XD.

I'm still debating. :)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Any additional details on the servers?

I usually am pretty weary of servers with the label "4x<CPU Speed>" instead of the actual CPU Model.  

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Sorry, that's all the information I had at the time. The quad cores are either E5430's or X5355's. The 2.5ghz one is a E5420

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
To note, I'll ship these things anywhere you want and I'll allow you access to install anything you need or tell me what you need installed such as OS and such and I'll get it done.

Then I'll package it all up, and ship it with whatever shipping provider you want it shipped with, as long as you pay shipping  :)

I will get a bigger list of available servers and specs soon.

Thanks!

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Guys

I have a Dual Quad Core 2.66ghz and a 2.5ghz server left. $200 plus shipping each. Shipping should be cheaper as the other one was $42 :)

Let me know asap!

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
AutoSnipe,

X5355 and a E5420 and 146gb SAS drives... I ran out of memory and SAS drives lol so each has 2 in it.

The last was sent to Kentucky.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Didn't really have time lately to check that one. I do know that it was 4 x AMD Quad Core CPUs... Just didn't check which ones. I'll look at that one sometime this weekend or at the beginning of the week. That one isn't at my location.

amuck-landowner