amuck-landowner

DigitalOcean Offical Toronto, Canada Launch

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Explains their taxation applied to Canada buyers recently.

Unsure why they are doing this.   But good, burn up that dirty VC money.

TOR to NYC is a hop skip and a jump latency wise.  I like TORIX, but when already peered well in NYC, this is a head scratcher.

Are they planning on allowing torrents, piracy and other non US tolerated activities?   Are they planning on trying to allow Iran buyers through the Canada loophole?

Meh.  DO, sell out to someone already.

joepie91

TOR to NYC is a hop skip and a jump latency wise.  I like TORIX, but when already peered well in NYC, this is a head scratcher.

Are they planning on allowing torrents, piracy and other non US tolerated activities?   Are they planning on trying to allow Iran buyers through the Canada loophole?

I'm very curious as to what will happen once VC money runs dry.

KuJoe

Verified Provider

tdale will pick them up and delete all services once he adds the user info to his database.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Quote said:
We are excited to announce....Toronto
Yawns, they just became my 3rd choice if I ever want something hourly in Toronto after LunaNode (who wins by offering OpenStack which is the cloud platform I've come to prefer over CloudStack/OnApp, etc) and Atlantic.net.  If I want to run something mission critical in Toronto I'd probably go with  Peer1's On Demand Cloud (recently rebranded from Zunicore) whose pricing isn't actually that bad (2GB for about $33***) 

***$33 for a 2GB "cloud" would no doubt elicit shrieks of horror from some people.  I just read a LET thread with people bitching that  a €9.99 iKoula promo for an Atom D510 with 4GB RAM and 1TB drive is too expensive :p

Quote said:
They'll do an IPO or be bought before that $173 million runs out.  My bet is on IBM buying them because DO's developer heavy customer base would add allow IBM to broaden its cloud customer base beyond its traditional corporate market and compete better with Amazon (and Microsoft.).

Last edited by a moderator:

joepie91

Quote said:
They'll do an IPO or be bought before that $173 million runs out.  My bet is on IBM buying them because DO's developer heavy customer base would add allow IBM to broaden its cloud customer base beyond its traditional corporate market and compete better with Amazon (and Microsoft.).

Haven't they already done that with Bluemix? They even acquired StrongLoop recently.

EDIT: Bluemix is fucking awful, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Quote said:

Haven't they already done that with Bluemix? They even acquired StrongLoop recently.

EDIT: Bluemix is fucking awful, by the way.
I am aiming for a China buyout.  Or maybe Tata wants to buy some fake cloud...  Other players out there who can do a deal. 

Lots of chatter about IBM.  IBM is on hard times.  Unsure if they could actually do such a valuation deal easily these days.

amuck-landowner